Are these normal colors?

averysylv20

I recently built a new cage for my female veiled, she’s about 1 1/2 years old. A lot of the plants died when I put them in so her cage isn’t very full yet. She used to be a much brighter green before i put her in this cage, so i’m wondering if she’s not getting enough heat, or there’s not enough plant cover and she’s stressed. She doesn’t seem stressed though, she’s always eaten very well, eaten her calcium and vitamins, and hasn’t been climbing her screen or pacing. She also still has her beautiful bright colors when she sleeps or is out in the sun. Just wondering if it’s due to her cage not being grown in, something worse, or just her natural colors. Thank you for any advice!

Attachments

• C4696EBC-FF7D-43AB-ACA5-336C55CF122B.jpeg
    C4696EBC-FF7D-43AB-ACA5-336C55CF122B.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 101
I recently built a new cage for my female veiled, she’s about 1 1/2 years old. A lot of the plants died when I put them in so her cage isn’t very full yet. She used to be a much brighter green before i put her in this cage, so i’m wondering if she’s not getting enough heat, or there’s not enough plant cover and she’s stressed. She doesn’t seem stressed though, she’s always eaten very well, eaten her calcium and vitamins, and hasn’t been climbing her screen or pacing. She also still has her beautiful bright colors when she sleeps or is out in the sun. Just wondering if it’s due to her cage not being grown in, something worse, or just her natural colors. Thank you for any advice!
Can you post a picture of the entire enclosure including the lighting so we can see what your working with?

@Beman It’s still a work in progress, but i’m using a Reptisun 5.0 UVB that’s 22’’ long and was just changed out in October. I’m also using a heat lamp, I don’t remember exactly but it’s around 40 watts. The light stuck to the wood bar on the top is just for the plants

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 85
@Beman It’s still a work in progress, but i’m using a Reptisun 5.0 UVB that’s 22’’ long and was just changed out in October. I’m also using a heat lamp, I don’t remember exactly but it’s around 40 watts. The light stuck to the wood bar on the top is just for the plants
what kind of plant light are you using?

So baby girl is hella stressed... That is what is going on here lol. You want some big mature plants to fill it out. And you need more branches connecting to other branches... Like the branch you have up there for her heat... It is not easy to access.
other issue I am seeing is that she can not access UVB.

With a 5.0 T5 your looking at a distance of 9 inches down to the basking branch that would be directly below it for her to get proper UVI output of approximately 3 uvi.

You need to move a branch so that she can access the uvb. Try to tie one in horizontally Below the UVB fixture at 9 inches down.

Use zip ties to hook your branches to one another. then clean cut the pieces hanging out.

So baby girl is hella stressed... That is what is going on here lol. You want some big mature plants to fill it out. And you need more branches connecting to other branches... Like the branch you have up there for her heat... It is not easy to access.
other issue I am seeing is that she can not access UVB.

With a 5.0 T5 your looking at a distance of 9 inches down to the basking branch that would be directly below it for her to get proper UVI output of approximately 3 uvi.

You need to move a branch so that she can access the uvb. Try to tie one in horizontally Below the UVB fixture at 9 inches down.

Use zip ties to hook your branches to one another. then clean cut the pieces hanging out.
Thank you so much!! I’m new to chameleons and any advice is great

Thank you so much!! I’m new to chameleons and any advice is great
Your welcome hun... Your wanting more of this look... Think trees and hiding places lol. And you can do it with a bio active set up where your plants are planted. Hopefully you added your clean up crew bugs as well to the soil....
Start reading through this husbandry program. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Your welcome hun... Your wanting more of this look... Think trees and hiding places lol. And you can do it with a bio active set up where your plants are planted. Hopefully you added your clean up crew bugs as well to the soil....
Start reading through this husbandry program. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Thank you, I did put some isopods in the soil and the pictures are very helpful

Back
Top Bottom