Are these first colors or just vibrant browns?

m1les

Are these hits of red my chameleons first colors? Or are they just bright and vibrant shades of brown?

Attachments

• F338AB94-1C27-404D-A5BD-34B05A8E0634.jpeg
    F338AB94-1C27-404D-A5BD-34B05A8E0634.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 99377D79-59A9-4B5B-9C76-2A825CCD1DF4.jpeg
    99377D79-59A9-4B5B-9C76-2A825CCD1DF4.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 147
  • EB6DAFB7-1AD9-48AD-9C96-166171E28169.jpeg
    EB6DAFB7-1AD9-48AD-9C96-166171E28169.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 131
Are these hits of red my chameleons first colors? Or are they just bright and vibrant shades of brown?
It’s really hard to see in the last one but it’s there. In the first one she was flared up and the second one she was just sitting there.
Edit: She only shows these reds when she is a brown color basking. When she is light grey/white/pinkish there aren’t colors

Think maybe just browns, looks like you could definitely use some more plants in your enclosure though, especially live plants. A pothos plant is perfect, If you can't find a way to hang it, you can set it on the ground in the enclosure and tether/tie off the vines to multiple places in the cage. The vines will naturally grow out longer and upwards towards your lights. Thus offering more hiding spots for the cham making it feel safe. ?

Think maybe just browns, looks like you could definitely use some more plants in your enclosure though, especially live plants. A pothos plant is perfect, If you can't find a way to hang it, you can set it on the ground in the enclosure and tether/tie off the vines to multiple places in the cage. The vines will naturally grow out longer and upwards towards your lights. Thus offering more hiding spots for the cham making it feel safe. ?
I have a money tree and a croton in there. The picture I sent just showed a fake one though. I also have a pothos and a pothos totem i'm going to put in the enclosure.

ATM I have a compact because reptisun 5.0 linear was sold out at my local petstores. I am aware I need one asap and am getting one as soon as I can.
This is part of why baby is so dark... incorrect uvb lighting, temps all impact them. Correct uvb lighting is extremely important at this age with the growth rate.

This is part of why baby is so dark... incorrect uvb lighting, temps all impact them. Correct uvb lighting is extremely important at this age with the growth rate.
She's not always dark only when basking like I said.. basking temps is around 78-81 and ambient is 75-77

I think its just a vibrant shade of brown not red. the superworm looks awfully big compared to her in the first photo.
I just put that in there to see if she would eat it. I'm feeding her crickets and dubias atm that are an appropriate size.

Back
Top Bottom