Are these burns? ?

What kind of screen mesh are you using. It looks like hardware cloth. I use that in all my enclosures too. Interestingly, chameleon skin bruises easily, and if she’s just shed, and was perhaps scratching herself against the relatively sharp hardware cloth to relieve herself of the shed, then she might just have scratched/bruised her skin.
I wasn't home the whole day on Monday so didn't see her actually shed or the behavior around the shed. I only saw her hanging from the top screen in the morning when I left for work on Monday. So you may very well be on to something. Should I just monitor her for the next day or two and see how it goes?

I wasn't home the whole day on Monday so didn't see her actually shed or the behavior around the shed. I only saw her hanging from the top screen in the morning when I left for work on Monday. So you may very well be on to something. Should I just monitor her for the next day or two and see how it goes?

This really depends on you and your familiarity with your cham’s normal behaviour. For me, if this was my first Cham, I’d welcome the opportunity to start a relationship with a vet, even if, by the time the appointment comes around, the marks have completely disappeared. Again, it’s totally up to you, but having a working relationship with a reptile vet is a good tool to have.

What kind of screen mesh are you using. It looks like hardware cloth. I use that in all my enclosures too. Interestingly, chameleon skin bruises easily, and if she’s just shed, and was perhaps scratching herself against the relatively sharp hardware cloth to relieve herself of the shed, then she might just have scratched/bruised her skin.
My enclosures are not normal or standard like what you guys can get over seas (Im in South africa) ive attached a pic below for your reference

Attachments

• 20201002_191457.jpg
    20201002_191457.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 20201002_191457.jpg
    20201002_191457.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 66
This really depends on you and your familiarity with your cham’s normal behaviour. For me, if this was my first Cham, I’d welcome the opportunity to start a relationship with a vet, even if, by the time the appointment comes around, the marks have completely disappeared. Again, it’s totally up to you, but having a working relationship with a reptile vet is a good tool to have.
Thank you, I will take your advise ? (I am a first time owner of two chams have had them for only 3 weeks)

My enclosures are not normal or standard like what you guys can get over seas (Im in South africa) ive attached a pic below for your reference
Yeah, I use the same screening material as you do. Just a question: if you’re in South Africa, why not cage outside year-round. I know you guys can get some low temps in winter, but a veiled should be fine.

If you get the neosporin to put on it just make sure it does not have the extra pain medicine in it. You would want the regular kind of antibiotic ointment applied just a tiny bit with a qtip.

Yeah, I use the same screening material as you do. Just a question: if you’re in South Africa, why not cage outside year-round. I know you guys can get some low temps in winter, but a veiled should be fine.
Well, we have only just gotten them (3 weeks ago) and I actually enjoy having them in my lounge area so I can watch them ? I would like to at a later stage build them an outside enclosure so they can get some Natural light/uvb. But that will have to come much later, as they have cost me a fortune already ?. Our weather here is also very temperamental for instance today was a killer and extremely hot I thought I was going to die from heat exhaustion. But now this evening I'm sitting on my patio shivering such a weird summer so far. Our winters do get rather cold and we do get - degree readings aswell

If you get the neosporin to put on it just make sure it does not have the extra pain medicine in it. You would want the regular kind of antibiotic ointment applied just a tiny bit with a qtip.
Stupid question but would I get this from a chemist?

Well, we have only just gotten them (3 weeks ago) and I actually enjoy having them in my lounge area so I can watch them ? I would like to at a later stage build them an outside enclosure so they can get some Natural light/uvb. But that will have to come much later, as they have cost me a fortune already ?. Our weather here is also very temperamental for instance today was a killer and extremely hot I thought I was going to die from heat exhaustion. But now this evening I'm sitting on my patio shivering such a weird summer so far. Our winters do get rather cold and we do get - degree readings aswell
I’m in Canada, so I’m no stranger to sub-zero weather. While I wouldn’t recommend sub-zero temps, Veileds can see frost in the wild, and I’ve read that they benefit from large nightime drops. In the spring and fall, all my chams see temps of 3 or 4 degrees c. But don’t tell anyone I subject my panthers to those temps, or else I’ll be accused of cruelty. Oh s&it, this is a public post...☹️

Yeah it is over the counter here in pharmacies and even grocery stores... This is what the neosporin looks like but this is just a brand name. It is also called Bacitracin (I think that is the active ingrediant but I am not sure). It is a triple antibiotic ointment. Some will say with Pain reliever and you don't won't those.
Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 1.58.24 PM.png

I’m in Canada, so I’m no stranger to sub-zero weather. While I wouldn’t recommend sub-zero temps, Veileds can see frost in the wild, and I’ve read that they benefit from large nightime drops. In the spring and fall, all my chams see temps of 3 or 4 degrees c. But don’t tell anyone I subject my panthers to those temps, or else I’ll be accused of cruelty. Oh s&it, this is a public post...☹
Your "secret" is safe with me ?

I’m in Canada, so I’m no stranger to sub-zero weather. While I wouldn’t recommend sub-zero temps, Veileds can see frost in the wild, and I’ve read that they benefit from large nightime drops. In the spring and fall, all my chams see temps of 3 or 4 degrees c. But don’t tell anyone I subject my panthers to those temps, or else I’ll be accused of cruelty. Oh s&it, this is a public post...☹
Your "secret" is safe with me ?
Yeah it is over the counter here in pharmacies and even grocery stores... This is what the neosporin looks like but this is just a brand name. It is also called Bacitracin (I think that is the active ingrediant but I am not sure). It is a triple antibiotic ointment. Some will say with Pain reliever and you don't won't those.
View attachment 280228
Thanks Beman will go get some or something similar.. ?

Back
Top Bottom