Are these burns? ?

tarrynh011

Hi all I got home from work today and noticed my female had these black spots on her back.. They weren't there yesterday or this morning when I left for work so im worried this happened today? I have double checked and her uvb light was lying flat on the mesh screen so I lifted it to where it normally sits (it must have been bumped somewhere along the line)as per pick of fingers below to show the gap now that ita lifted again. What do I need to do how can I help my poor baby. Their heat lamps were also on but we having a heat wave today so I turned those off immediately they don't touch the screen so I know it couldn't have been them any way.
She also shed for the first time this week (since I got her, but possibly her first shed ever as I dont know her age she is just so so tiny?!?!) She hasn't been much of a screen climber but when she was shedding I noticed that she did start. But now that the shed is over I havent seen her handing from the top screen again
If these are burns what do I put on it? Do i need to go to the vet... help...

Attachments

• 20201016_160218.jpg
    20201016_160218.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 128
  • 20201016_160616.jpg
    20201016_160616.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 20201016_163131.jpg
    20201016_163131.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 20201016_163435.jpg
    20201016_163435.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 110
Those really do not look like the typical thermal burn to me. Do you by chance free feed your bugs? Like just toss them in? They really look like little bites. The way they are swollen and bruised on the top.

Hi Beman, no I place her crickets in a bowl which hooks on to the side of her enclosure. The bowl is also deep enough ao the crickets can't escape.

Hi Beman, no I place her crickets in a bowl which hooks on to the side of her enclosure. The bowl is also deep enough ao the crickets can't escape.
That is very interesting. I honestly am not sure what is going on there. @kinyonga do you know what that could be? Does not look like a thermal burn to me the way the spots are swollen.

Hi all I got home from work today and noticed my female had these black spots on her back.. They weren't there yesterday or this morning when I left for work so im worried this happened today? I have double checked and her uvb light was lying flat on the mesh screen so I lifted it to where it normally sits (it must have been bumped somewhere along the line)as per pick of fingers below to show the gap now that ita lifted again. What do I need to do how can I help my poor baby. Their heat lamps were also on but we having a heat wave today so I turned those off immediately they don't touch the screen so I know it couldn't have been them any way.
She also shed for the first time this week (since I got her, but possibly her first shed ever as I dont know her age she is just so so tiny?!?!) She hasn't been much of a screen climber but when she was shedding I noticed that she did start. But now that the shed is over I havent seen her handing from the top screen again
If these are burns what do I put on it? Do i need to go to the vet... help...
What is your supplement regime? Also, are you running a t8?

Is it possible she had some bites from where she was before you got her? Maybe they didn’t show until she shed. ?‍♀️
I have no idea... she definitely didn't have then yesterday (Thursday) and she started shedding on Monday morning by Monday evening she was dose shedding. Is it possible she's having an allergic reaction to the plants? (just throwing out ideas) or possibly a heat rash as it was extremelyhot today?
My other thought was that she may have fallen today and scrapped herself???‍♀️

It doesn't look like a thermal burn to me either. Not sure what it could be though. Sorry. I'd keep an eye on it and if it changes for the worse get it looked at.
I'd probably dab a bit of antibacterial on them...Polysporin or similar. If there's an infection trying to get going that will help settle it down and protect the healing area too.

Is it possible that she could have picked up a "disease" or "infection" from the crickets ?
Anything is possible, but I don’t know of any such ailments from crickets that could produce those marks. So just to be clear, these are new since yesterday?

What kind of screen mesh are you using. It looks like hardware cloth. I use that in all my enclosures too. Interestingly, chameleon skin bruises easily, and if she’s just shed, and was perhaps scratching herself against the relatively sharp hardware cloth to relieve herself of the shed, then she might just have scratched/bruised her skin.

Remember that most people on this site are using aluminum screen enclosures. Steel hardware cloth is far sharper and harder than window screen.

I'd probably dab a bit of antibacterial on them...Polysporin or similar. If there's an infection trying to get going that will help settle it down and protect the healing area too.
Just a question are these creams not harmful for the chams? I mean there are chemicals and stuff in the creams so im just worried slapping any old thing on antiseptic or not. It won't poison them right?? I just want to be 100% sure

Here’s that kind of abrasion on my veiled:

Attachments

• F753C1E8-CFA7-4CE6-8BEE-66ECD22BBFAB.jpeg
    F753C1E8-CFA7-4CE6-8BEE-66ECD22BBFAB.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 77
Back
Top Bottom