Are the sinuses all connected like in people?

Beelinn

Established Member
Maybe that's not the right way to ask the question I'm getting at...

4 month Panther girl had eye irritation that was responding well to flushing with saline.

A week later there is strong signs of respiratory infection, and the eye conjunctiva is puffy again. I'm curious if these are connected through the sinus cavities or if I have 2 separate problems.

I have a vet appointment this afternoon to see about fixing the issues.

Maybe that's not the right way to ask the question I'm getting at...

4 month Panther girl had eye irritation that was responding well to flushing with saline.

A week later there is strong signs of respiratory infection, and the eye conjunctiva is puffy again. I'm curious if these are connected through the sinus cavities or if I have 2 separate problems.

I have a vet appointment this afternoon to see about fixing the issues.
Hi beelinn , let me say first I'm sorry your little girl is not feeling good . Second I'm not an expert !!.we have only been keeping chameleons for just over a year . We have dealt with several URI with our little girl Frances . She would presents with a squint or closed right Eye . This eye is also very light sensitive. About a week later we would notice extra mucus with eating . Within a day or so coughing/ extra mucus in general , opening mouth to take breaths and making popping sounds . We have not ever had a runny nose but I do believe their is a connection . Vet also says yes . She has been to 2 very good vets . That tell us there's a connection . Hope this help and that you can get her back on track . Please keep us posted .

Dr. says this is very likely a vitamin A deficiency. I will be making an extra effort in the next couple of days to combat this, then give him a call. Fingers crossed! I have baby girl out getting some natural sun and humidity, so hopefully this is good thing too. We'll see if he's right, I was ready to be administrator of 2weeks of antibiotics...

Dr. says this is very likely a vitamin A deficiency. I will be making an extra effort in the next couple of days to combat this, then give him a call. Fingers crossed! I have baby girl out getting some natural sun and humidity, so hopefully this is good thing too. We'll see if he's right, I was ready to be administrator of 2weeks of antibiotics...
Did he give her a vitamin A injection ?

Did he give her a vitamin A injection ?

No. She's small, and a needle could be very bad. In fact, I wouldn't have permitted it at this time. She is still eating and drinking like crazy, she's very active, and has a good coloring. Whatever is going on is at the beginning. I was just interested in nipping it in the bud before it got worse.

I bought some new dubia, and I'm gut loading them with good stuff at the moment.

No. She's small, and a needle could be very bad. In fact, I wouldn't have permitted it at this time. She is still eating and drinking like crazy, she's very active, and has a good coloring. Whatever is going on is at the beginning. I was just interested in nipping it in the bud before it got worse.

I bought some new dubia, and I'm gut loading them with good stuff at the moment.
Remind me of her age ?

I have had 4 month olds who were stunted who had injections, but as far vitamin A defficiency it depends on your current vitamin supplements. And often you can easily fix a vitamin A deficiency with a couple doses of liquid vitamin A capsules if it's in the beginning stages and she sounds about right for that. But you'd have to be super careful with her size and since she is already sick. I would wait until she starts feeling better unless you can already hand feed her easily?

I have had 4 month olds who were stunted who had injections, but as far vitamin A defficiency it depends on your current vitamin supplements. And often you can easily fix a vitamin A deficiency with a couple doses of liquid vitamin A capsules if it's in the beginning stages and she sounds about right for that. But you'd have to be super careful with her size and since she is already sick. I would wait until she starts feeling better unless you can already hand feed her easily?
She still has a ravenous appetite. I'll look into those capsules. It's not something I would do long term, but perhaps a boost would help her kick this.

It's usually not something you have to do long term, get as low IU as you can, you can buy them at a regular human pharmacy. If you can get her to hand feed. Pierce a capsule with needle or safety pin, and then do one small drop on the insect and feed it to her. You will only do one drop once a week at her age. And I would only do one capsule with her until waiting to see what happens etc. If your supplements and gutload are good otherwise, then it should be easy to kick this into place

It's usually not something you have to do long term, get as low IU as you can, you can buy them at a regular human pharmacy. If you can get her to hand feed. Pierce a capsule with needle or safety pin, and then do one small drop on the insect and feed it to her. You will only do one drop once a week at her age. And I would only do one capsule with her until waiting to see what happens etc. If your supplements and gutload are good otherwise, then it should be easy to kick this into place

I sure hope so! I feel bad for her!

Back
Top Bottom