Are my chams normal?

I've got a veiled and a panther.
They are in different parts of the room but when I have either one out they always rush off to see the other one.
Both climb up each others cage and seem to want to be together. No hissing or anything just sheer devotion.
Is this normal for different species?

If they are both males, more than likely they are trying to "size" each other up for a potential territory dispute. Are they displaying bright colors and other stress related body language?

I've got a veiled and a panther.
They are in different parts of the room but when I have either one out they always rush off to see the other one.
Both climb up each others cage and seem to want to be together. No hissing or anything just sheer devotion.
Is this normal for different species?
What sex are both chameleons?

It could happen, I've seen similar things on the forum. If you can, take pictures of them, separately and then when together, both initially and after 5 or 10 minutes so we can better assess stress coloration, etc. NEVER leave them alone like that, just in case, but I certainly wouldn't rule out a budding friendship.

The veiled is male and the panther female.
They both go very dark in colour, which I always thought was stress but they do head straight for each other when one or the other is out free roaming. That's why I'm a tad confused.
I haven't put them together in the same cage and I wouldn't do that.

Back
Top Bottom