Are Dubia roaches illegal to sell in America?

This, also they are more active and reptiles seem to like them more. I was told that they are slower breeding because they are hybrids and not true blaberus discoidalis. I recently got some "banana bay" discoids that are supposed to be legit. Apparently they breed much faster. I have 2 separate colonies, going to test that.

let me know. And yea there are plenty of complaints about "mutts". I know its a minor problem with the folks that have "pet" roaches. They raise them to adults and then "yup they are hybrids, i now have to feed them off or destroy them".

let me know. And yea there are plenty of complaints about "mutts". I know its a minor problem with the folks that have "pet" roaches. They raise them to adults and then "yup they are hybrids, i now have to feed them off or destroy them".

For sure. I've seen that as a common issue people have on invert forums. Hybridization is mostly looked down upon. These ones I got were from a very credible guy. A true bug lord lol. Discoids are one of my favorite feeders so I look forward to seeing how these do for me.

I think it's not so much that theyll do damage, as it is that non native species probably shouldnt be continually introduced to your state lol. We have 'X' so let's just let it all in is probably not a great strategy haha. Also, it's more of courage from the buyer, the receiver is the one likely to get in trouble from what I hear.
Only kidding, we have enough issues with invasive species down here. I'll stick to what is available to me already.

Thank you for the reply. I ended up googling it earlier and it is actually illegal to sell them where I live, here in Florida. So he was actually right. I should have just asked him why they were illegal but I was in a real hurry.
I really appreciate your help.

If you're looking for roaches in Fl, I know people. Just sayin'

As james said, there are plenty of roaches available to us folk... but not through any local facilities (at least in our neck of the woods). I wasn't willing to invest in discoids at the costs and shipping just to try them. At first my guys rejected them so I stashed them away. Now I have a colony or 3. I have been giving out samples to folk as fjnding roaches around town is pretty hit or miss.

P.s. guy I know somehow ordered roaches on Amazon and showed up labeled as "Dubias". Of course he had to immediately destroy his entire batch. But... its "possible" to get them here....

As james said, there are plenty of roaches available to us folk... but not through any local facilities (at least in our neck of the woods). I wasn't willing to invest in discoids at the costs and shipping just to try them. At first my guys rejected them so I stashed them away. Now I have a colony or 3. I have been giving out samples to folk as fjnding roaches around town is pretty hit or miss.

P.s. guy I know somehow ordered roaches on Amazon and showed up labeled as "Dubias". Of course he had to immediately destroy his entire batch. But... its "possible" to get them here....
I have a reliable source for discoids now from a buddy on made on here. I was more or less joking about the Dubia deal. We have enough issues with invasive species here in Florida, would prefer to not add another species to the list.

My Kizzy loves discoids. I give her about 1-2 per week every now and again, although, not every week bc they are a bit pricey. They are more for a special treat.
She doesn’t really seem to dislike anything, thankfully. She seems to have lost interest in horn worms for the time being, but that’s ok, she seems to like everything else, (except for the little bit of her special salad that I give her once a week). She looks at me like...really??? Are you serious?? Lol.

If she was able to give me stank face, I’m sure it would be Oscar worthy. Lol

Back
Top Bottom