Arcadia Supp Cycle Question

noahrofsky7

Established Member
Hello,

I use the Arcadia supplement cycle, but I keep my chams outdoors. I’ve been doing the earth pro-A on feedings 1,2, and 3, and I use the calcium-mg on the 4th feeding on the weekend. I don’t use the revitalizeD3 for the 8th feeding because they get natural sun every single day of the week. I’ve been using either earthpro-A, or no supp on the 8th day.

(Edit) I have Trioceros Jacksonii

Should I be using the Calcium-mg only on the 4th feeding, or should I replace it for the revitalize-D3 on the 8th feeding?

Thanks

Hello,

I use the Arcadia supplement cycle, but I keep my chams outdoors. I’ve been doing the earth pro-A on feedings 1,2, and 3, and I use the calcium-mg on the 4th feeding on the weekend. I don’t use the revitalizeD3 for the 8th feeding because they get natural sun every single day of the week. I’ve been using either earthpro-A, or no supp on the 8th day.

(Edit) I have Trioceros Jacksonii

Should I be using the Calcium-mg only on the 4th feeding, or should I replace it for the revitalize-D3 on the 8th feeding?

Thanks
Short answer is I don’t know for sure, but I looked at each of their ingredients again to decide how they differ and maybe that can help you decide

EP-A has calcium powder, but I can’t find a percentage, mineral clay, protein powder, carrot powder, algal carotenoids, B vitamin complex, and bee pollen.

Calcium pro-Mg is listed as 90% calcium carbonate and 10% magnesium, it lists the B vitamins, but doesn’t appear to have the clay, essential amino acid protein powder, carrot/algal carotenoids or bee pollen. Thus low protein content compared to EP-A

For reference, revitalize D3 has all of the components of EP-A, along with A, E, and D fat soluble vitamins. It lists Calcium at 21.74% and also Magnesium carbonate at 8%

Magnesium is certainly an essential mineral in biological functions. But so is all the other stuff. There’s an article by Finke from 2002 that notes some of the common feeder insects contain adequate magnesium levels, so maybe the extra dose isn’t necessary. So again, I don’t know, and probably either one is fine

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22689347/

185C5772-69F2-40FD-8628-C6EEA3473551.png

Short answer is I don’t know for sure, but I looked at each of their ingredients again to decide how they differ and maybe that can help you decide

EP-A has calcium powder, but I can’t find a percentage, mineral clay, protein powder, carrot powder, algal carotenoids, B vitamin complex, and bee pollen.

Calcium pro-Mg is listed as 90% calcium carbonate and 10% magnesium, it lists the B vitamins, but doesn’t appear to have the clay, essential amino acid protein powder, carrot/algal carotenoids or bee pollen. Thus low protein content compared to EP-A

For reference, revitalize D3 has all of the components of EP-A, along with A, E, and D fat soluble vitamins. It lists Calcium at 21.74% and also Magnesium carbonate at 8%

Magnesium is certainly an essential mineral in biological functions. But so is all the other stuff. There’s an article by Finke from 2002 that notes some of the common feeder insects contain adequate magnesium levels, so maybe the extra dose isn’t necessary. So again, I don’t know, and probably either one is fine

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22689347/

View attachment 314790
Thanks so much, very helpful.

I’ll probably just stick to what I’m doing then.

Back
Top Bottom