Arcadia heat output.

Sirbudlbc

My temps have started to drop with the weather change and I was wondering how much heat Arcadia bulbs put out. They'll be here tomorrow and before I get new basking bulbs just wondering if they get hot.

they get hot enough to make it very very uncomfortable to handle depending on your sensitivity to heat. But not hot enough to create basking temperatures for chameleons.

I have the Arcadia quad fixture, and no it doesn't produce much heat. temperatures were pretty constant 74-76 degrees in the top foot of the enclosure. I ended up adding a 60 watt ceramic to bring the temperature up to the low-mid 80's in the basking area.

Attachments

• 20180905_151741.jpg
    20180905_151741.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 48
I'll keep this in mind when I get them hooked up tomorrow. I have stronger basking bulbs I just didn't want to cook her.

My quad fixture does put off heat. It measures about 100 degrees on the mesh that sits beneath the fixture. It is in no way a true heat source or basking area, but it does put out a very wide source of warmth.

Ok I'll wait to up the wattage on the basking bulbs till the new lights have a chance to effect my ambient temps.

Back
Top Bottom