April 26th (Tues) South Bay Chameleon Keepers Meeting

Dave Weldon

Avid Member
Howdy All,

(Haven’t been to one of our free meetings yet? What are you waiting for!)

7:30pm-8pm.........Meet and Greet
8pm-~9pm...........Roundtable Discussion // Show & Tell
9pm-9:30pm.........Feeder co-op sale and distribution
9:30pm.................Meeting Wrap-up

******* Another reminder: If you plan on taking part in Kevin’s (Summoner12) insect feeder ordering and sometimes his LLLReptile supply ordering and are not already receiving this msg via Gmail, please send a quickie “Join” email to the [email protected] site so that you will receive his Excel spreadsheet order sheet as well as instructions, when it becomes available later in the week. *******

Nathan (Drywater) has once again, graciously invited us to his work location for this meeting. It’s located in the vicinity of the northwest quadrant of where the 405 and the 10 freeways cross.

2001 S Barrington Ave.
Suite 201
Los Angeles, CA 90025

Here is a Google map link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2001+S+Barrington+Ave,+Los+Angeles,+CA+90025

Image of the garage entrance:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...Pirw4h_axXAELaAhB2b5YA&cbp=12,265.65,,0,-7.08

Nathan said:
“As for parking, everyone is welcome to park in the garage structure that is attached on the south side of the building. Later in the evening, the gate may be closed but I have a card key to open it. Otherwise, there is plenty of street parking in front of the building.” If the front and side building entry doors are locked, walking up the parking structure driveway entrance and then over to the 2nd floor office complex entry is an easy way to get to Suite 201.

The "South Bay Chameleon Keepers" (SBCK) meetings are normally held on the last Tuesday of the month from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm. These free-of-charge meetings are pretty much free-flowing, with all chameleon topics open for discussion. "Show and Tell" discussions are common. We continue to have group bulk-buys (silkworms, hornworms, superworms, crickets, dubias etc.) at our meetings. Some members may be bringing these feeders to sell but that's not guaranteed. Let us know if you are looking for these feeders (or anything else) and we'll try to confirm availability (pre-ordering) before the meeting. Some keepers bring their chameleon books and magazines along with other various items to spark discussions. We also won’t stop you from bringing your chameleons, young and old, big and small. Just keep in mind that it is past their bedtime and that there is stress involved in the trip. So if you plan on bringing chameleons either for “Show and Tell” or for sale (pre-arranged sales are encouraged) just keep in mind your chameleon’s well-being :).

Don't hesitate to RSVP with an email to: [email protected] if you think you might be coming. Didn't RSVP? Come anyway!
On your way and got lost or can't get in the building? For this meeting, call Dave Weldon on his cell phone# 310-600-4793.

Our group ranges from long-time breeders to novice keepers. Lately, there have been 10-25+ members attending. There are usually new members at every meeting.

No guarantees but there are usually snacks and drinks brought-in by some of the attendees. You’re welcome to bring some to share too!

See You There,

SBCK

(NOTE)
The www.chameleonforums.com has added a "Social Group" area that our SBCK members can associate themselves to by requesting an "Invite" (https://www.chameleonforums.com/groups/south-bay-chameleon-keepers.html). Our purpose for having the SBCK Group area on this Forum is to help SBCK members keep track of who & how to contact other SBCK members. The term "Member" is used loosely to mean anyone who attends the free meetings. If you have no intention of ever attending any of the face-to-face meetings there is no benefit to being part of the group and you will likely not be "Added" or kept in this Social Group list . This SBCK group area is not intended to replace the main forum. Use the regular Forum area for all posts. Use the SBCK group area as a means of locating other SBCK members to send PMs etc. Continue to use the latest monthly "Meeting Invite" Forum thread as a place to post to the SBCK members that are also "ChameleonForums" members. There are still a few SBCK members that are not yet Forum members but continue to receive their notices via the [email protected] emails. It also appears, for the moment, that Junior Member status on the ChameleonForums does not yet have enough "Permission Level" to join a Social Group.

awsome i went for my first time with my girlfriend and meleric and we had a great time. hopefully we can make it again =)

I'll be there again! Taka you going? Who else is going? I wanna bring my female Ambi she is really pretty.

haha me too jcal, n ya michael me n kisa hopefully will go. we have to see if we rnt busy though. if anyone is intrested in silkworm chow i bought a 1/2 pound of the dry mix in january. idk how long it will stay good but if anyone wants it ill sell it for 4 bucks at the meeting. its still sealed in its package. i just dont need it anymore

New Member... Potential Carpet Owner...

Hi all..
I will be there on 26th as a new member and hoping to meet with different chameleon owners and find out a lot of things about chameleons.
I hope some people will be there as a carpet keeper/breeder specifically...

See you there...

Howdy SBCK Members,

The SBCK Feeder Order Spreadsheet went out this morning. If you aren't already on the list but want to be added, there is still time to toss an email to [email protected] and ask to be added to both the feeder and the invite emails :). As usual, the feeder order spreadsheets need to be returned the appropriate email address (Kevin's) by 2pm this Saturday. Payment for your feeder order is to be made in cash to Kevin at the meeting.

habbitat

i am having a problem with my majesty palm being a great hiding place for crickets my chameleon is having trouble finding them would a hibiscus be better

also the crickets cling to the side of the cage (which is screen) he doesnt seem to know he can eat them. what should i do

Hi all..
I will be there on 26th as a new member and hoping to meet with different chameleon owners and find out a lot of things about chameleons.
I hope some people will be there as a carpet keeper/breeder specifically...

See you there...

See you at the meeting Mehmet, It was good talking to you yesterday.

Lisa and I will be there I just added a reminder on my calender. If anyone needs any calcium supplements (Minerall -O or I) or multi vitamin let me know. I will give special prices to people at the meeting.

I can also bring a powdered form of liquid calcium + magnesium for anyone who thinks they can use it. Very easy to mix into liquid. I can do this for you if I get enough notice. Not a bad thing to have on hand.

i am having a problem with my majesty palm being a great hiding place for crickets my chameleon is having trouble finding them would a hibiscus be better

also the crickets cling to the side of the cage (which is screen) he doesnt seem to know he can eat them. what should i do

They should eat them off of the screen. You may want to start a new thread and have people help you on there.

thats what i forgot... i wanted to get the set from you an start usin that stuff plus the liquid cal.. on a side note how was dinner?

ps check out the pic i posted of the reunion of the sisters sleepin lastnite in the lizard lounge told ya they missed eachother..

Last edited:
thats what i forgot... i wanted to get the set from you an start usin that stuff plus the liquid cal.. on a side note how was dinner?

ps check out the pic i posted of the reunion of the sisters sleepin lastnite in the lizard lounge told ya they missed eachother..

LOL Dinner was pizza. hahaha.

I'll bring some for you to the meeting. I'll check out the pic.

I have dubias available

If anybody needs dubias send me a PM and I'll bring them to the meeting. Looking forward to talking to chameleon people!

i plan to be there:)

hey Ryan,

i would like those supplements you had last time, the miner-all O/I, maybe the multivitamin too and the one in a silver pack??? forgot the name, and how much for the liquid calcium?

and Tylene, how much for 50-100 baby-juvie dubias??? thinking of switching from crix for a change

sorry for all the Q's:eek:

hope to see you guys/gals there

Back
Top Bottom