Administrator
Staff member
Chameleon Photo Contest
:D April 2006
:D
view entries

Win A Gift Certificate To: ... you choose :cool:

1st place: $50 gift certificate :eek:
The winner of this contest may choose a gift certificate to one of the companies listed above. This should give the winner a nice choice of where to use their gift certificate. The certificate can not be split up and used at multiple places. If they prefer, overseas winners may choose a $40 Amazon gift certificate.

Among the companies listed above are chameleon breeders, a silkworm feeder source, and a reptile supply store. lllreptile sells the tempgun. A special note about Coastal Silkworms: a gift certificate to this company can also be used at Chameleon Paradise.

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: April 17, 2006
  • To submit your photo, click here.
  • Fill out the form and click submit.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the submission deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules. The contest rules have recently been updated.

dates
entry deadline: April 17
voting: April 18 - April 30
voting by judges: April 30
contest results will be announced on May 1 2006

Note:
Please review the contest rules. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

The Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest. Feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

Awesome pics so far, guys!

Ha, I love that pic of the little veiled, so cute! Just entered my pic in...keep the pics coming people! :D

Aaah, now everyone is going with the funny pictures now Lol :p :D. I gotta think of a way to do something with mine now :(. This is going to be a hard contest yet again. Nice pics so far!

The french "arteest" lol. Very cute! Wow.... looks like we have some great creativity coming along on this one this time.

Gotta love the stroll through the gardens with the little flower french hat :D .

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! Yeah, I can't believe the creativity and humor going on in this photo contest so far. Well, JVreptile has set a new trend for "cham comedy" lol!

Jenna...I was looking at your breeders, and I can't get over how big Calypso
is! Iv'e never seen an ambanja that monstrous. He sure is a big beauty, Ive heard that Ambanja's are the largest Locale, but my Panther doesn't apply to that. Than agian, he is 50% Nosy be...

Yes, he is a big boy for sure.... Leomaris is also huge, but I haven't taken him out for some good photos yet. Actually, I think Leomaris, the other Ambanja on that page, is larger than Calypso. I'll try to put that on my list in the next few days to add some more pictures of Leomaris and Nereus on that page. I just love the colors of Calypso, he's beautiful... and the other Ambanjas on that page are beauties too. I just need to add some additional photos.

What amazes me is how gentle they are. They open their mouths and eat right off my hand... They are real sweethearts.

Here is a shot I got the other day of one of my WC's eating out of my hand... but they also open their mouths for me and let me place worms in their mouth for them too...

Tongue%20Shots24.jpg

Very fun :)

i just thought i let everyone know the photo i took was not setup i put her on the hanging plant and 2minutes later she was like that

I had some pictures of her with better color, and some really pretty pics of my veileds... but I figured I'd keep with the humorous theme and go with this one. Melleri have the sweetest personalities. Which is a good thing - they've got some nasty jaws and big teeth. She's been running from me when I come to her. She got a small cut and swelling on her toe, so I've been messing wiht her recently, keeping an eye on it. She doesn't like that. She'll climb right out of her to me if I open the door. Some chameleons are "nice" melleri can be downright friendly.

The photo entry deadline is today at 11:59 PM CST. If ten eligible photos have not been entered by this time, the photo entry deadline will be extended. I also want to remind everyone that visible watermarks and text labels are not allowed in the photo contest.

Gregory...he looks just like "Predator" from all the movies!:eek: You must have a super fast lens on your camera. Great pic!

Two photo entries had text on the image, entries by IvorySerpent and kimkuk21. This is against the rules for a few reasons. After not receiving a response via pm and the fact that the entry deadline is up, I have been forced to do something about it. It was easy to remove the text in Ivory's photo without hurting the image. Kimkuk21's entry however would not be so easy; I decided to remove it from the contest.

We currently have 9 valid photos. The entry period will be extended until I check the contest and there are at least 10 entries. I check at least a few times a day. If you missed the original deadline, there is still time :)

The photo entry phase has ended. Voting will begin sometime this evening. Voting ends April 30 11:59 PM CST.

Last edited:
The poll has been added. Voting will end April 30 at 11:59 PM CST.

A good way to view the pictures is by using the slideshow. Also, I highly recommend viewing the original image when deciding on who to vote for. There are usually three sizes for each image: thumb, standard size, and original size. The original and larger size will usually show more detail compared to the others.

I have to say, that once again, this will be a most definitely difficult photo contest to judge. They are ALL awesome. Nice photos all! :D

Back
Top Bottom