• Votes: 2 5.6%

• Votes: 1 2.8%

• Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I knew Willy would eventually start posting on the forums...Just had to give him a little push to get him started. :D Kidding, glad to have you here.

LOL. You just keep thinking that......

I guess we'll just have to see what your made of next month eh??

P.S. this is a bit O/T.....but its the 19th......2 days till your big launch. Are we going to be impressed??

2by2 said:
LOL. You just keep thinking that......

I guess we'll just have to see what your made of next month eh??

P.S. this is a bit O/T.....but its the 19th......2 days till your big launch. Are we going to be impressed??
Actually, I probably won't enter any of my photos. I like to keep them all copyright to me. Since the photo contest enables the forums to reproduce and reuse at their will. Hope you all understand my point of view.

As for the website... Haha probably not. Its still incomplete! but I'll try to finish it up tonight.

*GASP* What are you trying to say??? Are you trying to say your pics are too good for us??? LOL. Hey, more of chance for the rest of us.

And back to the website.....So what your trying to say is.....if anyone is looking for a website person......your not the guy to call?? haha. At any rate, I'm looking forward to checking it out, and good luck with it all.

Of course my photos wouldn't stand a chance. lol. As far as i'm concerned.....the only good pics I take, are because I got lucky and the animal stood in the right spot, at the right time, and smiled pretty.

2by2 said:
Of course my photos wouldn't stand a chance. lol. As far as i'm concerned.....the only good pics I take, are because I got lucky and the animal stood in the right spot, at the right time, and smiled pretty.
LOL. Whatever works! And hey, $50 is $50... And $50 US is $57 CDN to me. :) Not that I could get much shipped to me accross the border.

Chamomile T said:
Gregory...he looks just like "Predator" from all the movies!:eek: You must have a super fast lens on your camera. Great pic!

Haha, thanks Chamo. That pic was taken on one of his better days, lol.

Can't wait to see the contest results, everyone! ;)

Gregory

Today is the last day to vote for the April photo contest. The poll will close at 11:59PM CST.

----
Voting is closed.
Results will be posted Monday.

Last edited:
I can't remember reading this... but are you allowed to vote when you have your own picture in the contest? I never bothered - just didn't seem ethical.

Yes, you can vote for your own photo. This is something I may change in the future. It will require more integration between the gallery and the forums, something I have had on my to-do list for some time.

------
The end of the month snuck up on me and I did not give the judges enough time to do their thing. I expect the results of the contest to be posted late this evening or tomorrow.

The Results

The Results​

apr_06_1st.gif

1st place: Chamcham505
Species: Furcifer pardalis
Common: Panther Chameleon
Sex: Male
Name: Cobalt - the french artist

apr_06_2nd_a.gif

2nd place: Eric Adrignola
Species: Chamaeleo Trioceros melleri
Common: Meller's Chameleon
Sex: Female
Name: Ardi

apr_06_2nd_b.gif

2nd place: Heika
Species: Rhampholeon brevicaudatus
Common: Bearded Pygmy Chameleon
Sex: Female
Name: ???

If you are not familiar with how the contest works, please review the [THREAD=102]contest rules[/THREAD].

open member vote
The top ranked photos from the open member voting received the following points:
photo 03 => 5 pts (Chamcham505)
photo 09 => 3 pts (Gregory)
photo 05 => 1 pts (Eric Adrignola)

judge rankings
We had three judges this month: 2by2, Prism Chameleons, and myself. The judges, in no specific order, gave the following rankings:
judge1:
photo 03 => 3 pts (Chamcham505)
photo 10 => 2 pts (Heika)
photo 07 => 1 pts (Damaranum)

judge2:
photo 03 => 3pts (Chamcham505)
photo 10 => 2pts (Heika)
photo 01 => 1pts (jvillereptile)

judge3:
photo 05 => 3pts (Eric Adrignola)
photo 07 => 2pts (Damaranum)
photo 03 => 1pts (Chamcham505)

point totals
photo 03 - Chamcham505: 12 pts
photo 05 - Eric Adrignola: 4 pts
photo 10 - Heika: 4 pts
photo 07 - Damaranum: 3 pts
photo 09 - Gregory: 3pts
photo 01 - jvillereptile: 1 pts

congratulations to the winners :) :D
medals have been awarded.

Last edited:
Yeah have to agree with the winning photo, I voted for that one - monsieur Cobalt lol:)

Last edited:
Chamgirl said:
Yeah have to agree with the winning photo, I voted for that one - monsieur Cobalt lol:)

I did, too! It was a great picture!

Thanks for the votes on my little pygmy girl everyone, I was shocked to see that it took 2nd!

Wow...I can't believe I even placed! Like always, very steep competition, the pics were outstanding, especially the "professional quality" pics, LOL. Thanks so much everyone, I'm glad you actually liked the pic.

I'm so happy I get a little metal under my name. :D

Again, congrats everyone!

Back
Top Bottom