apoligizing for my "speeding up the hatching" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think this thread should be locked as well as it is getting no where. All I can say is that if everyone just makes a point of being nicer and more understanding towards each other, there would not be issues as such.

I agree – either lock it, nuke it or everyone just let it go.

Everyone has made good points.

-roo

Well, there really isn't any need for that, Fate X, but anyway...I didn't see the need to expand on your care but to respond to your allegations of me lying about it...

Anyone can look back in the old threads and see that on multiple occasions you're been told that giving baytril, parazap, liquid calcium, electrolytes, etc., for no reason, without vet recommendation or knowledge of dosing, etc., is not advisable.

You said yourself that you didn't take one of your females to the vet for a week after she was egg bound and we had been advising you to do so. You also said that you waited to take your cham to a vet on the eye infection. Granted in both cases you got lucky and they made it through fine, that waiting is neglectful and abusive.

Knowingly breeding your females at 6 months in my opinion is abusive too when you know that it isn't safe and had just been advised of such. You tried very hard to claim that you were experimenting to see what would happen and they accidentally bred. With one pair, I might believe that but you managed to accidentally breed both females. Again, that's irresponsible at the least and borderline abusive.

Yeah, I can be a jerk and I have no problem telling it how I see it. You've bred your females at too young of an age/size multiple times. You've waited to take your animals to the vet when you knew they needed to multiple times. You've repeatedly asked about giving various meds to your animals without reason or vet consult multiple time. To me, thats a neglectful and abusive environment.

Definitely time for the thread to die...

Chris

And to Fate X

Frankly, I saw your question as far less offensive than some of those who criticized the responses. I took a humorous, but hopefully also constructive, shot at your earlier question. As Chris outlined, to get a good answer, you need to ask a good question, or at least format it better. In your case, it is recommended to list your current understanding or experience, and then ask for guidance or improvements to that. It may take some homework, but in all fairness to those whom you expect (or hope for) an answer from, it helps define your question "as compared to this", as you asked about "speed", so as to mean "faster than". For all we knew, you were already doing it as quickly as can be done, or were making an egregious error.

To those who scoffed at some who posted here, and then praised others who always answer .......... not here they don't !!!

Fate, if you check out the link posted earlier, you will see that there are accepted protocols, which include a diapause, which often result in eggs hatching more quickly than without any temperature fluctuation. I often recommend against it for small-scale breeders or hobbyists, for it usually involves the use of small incubators, rubed-up contraptions, etc, where a malfunction can cook your eggs. I know of many to whom this has happened, and I strongly caution against using anything where a simple malfunction can result in the loss of your clutch(es). However, if more stable means are available to create a diapause, such as a cool spot in a basement or closet (upper 60's), then a stable warmer (upper 70's) area, then you can make use of such, from the beginning, with future clutches. Happy hunting.

the thing is i do not know much about hatching eggs and ive read they can hatch in 5-9 months, i would like these eggs i have now to hatch in 5 months if possible if i must wait then i gotta wait. my plan was to hatch the first 2 clutches in 5-6 months then those after i can wait the 9 months because it won't make any difference then except that the 9 month hatchling would most likely weigh more.
right now im afraid do do anything to them(eggs) i plan on just leaving the temp where it is but it will get a little warmer soon because of spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom