Apartment usually at 79F in summer

ChrisFL

Hello!

In the hotter Florida months, my apartment is usually 78-80F most of the day and only drops a few degrees at night, maybe 5F tops. Building holds in a lot of heat.

Is this going to be a problem with a Veiled cham? I've read that they like to have a 10F drop.

Thanks!

Your cham should be fine.

Yes a temp drop is ideal, but its notcompletely and utterly required.

At least a 10 degree night drop for a chameleon is very important. I would highly recommend you buy an air-conditioner for the room you will be keeping him in.

I believe my room is even hotter than that... and my chameleon seems to love it...
I just use a cooler basking bulb.. usually just a regular house bulb...
but I do have an air conditioner during the nights... it makes temperature drop around 70 F...
I havent had any problems x) and he seems great

At least a 10 degree night drop for a chameleon is very important. I would highly recommend you buy an air-conditioner for the room you will be keeping him in.

I have a central AC unit for the apartment. Do you mean an additional room AC? Any suggestions on what make/model to get? Unfortunately, the evaporitive coolers probably won't work too well here in the humid Florida summers.

Maybe if I drop the Stat a couple degrees at night, and with live plants in the enclosure, that will combine to a big enough drop without the need to resort to an expensive room AC solution. I think it will only be an issue for a few months out of the year.

when the sun goes down won't your house in general get cooler? I mean if the temps drop outside, then they should drop in your house also. No?

I have a central AC unit for the apartment. Do you mean an additional room AC? Any suggestions on what make/model to get? Unfortunately, the evaporitive coolers probably won't work too well here in the humid Florida summers.

Maybe if I drop the Stat a couple degrees at night, and with live plants in the enclosure, that will combine to a big enough drop without the need to resort to an expensive room AC solution. I think it will only be an issue for a few months out of the year.

From the sound of your original post, I didn't think you had AC at all. :eek: I live here in FL and can control my temps with the lights and my central air except for my Montana species. They need an additions window AC.

From the sound of your original post, I didn't think you had AC at all. :eek: I live here in FL and can control my temps with the lights and my central air except for my Montana species. They need an additions window AC.

LOL, if I had no AC at all, my apartment would be in the upper 90's instead of 79, hehe.

Back
Top Bottom