Anyone want to save the planet?

IDK about VA, but around here, if you throw a brick through a window, they'll give you an orange jumpsuit, pointy stick, and as many trashbags as you can fill along the highways... :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
They'll even find you some help! 😁

Another good way would be for folks to stop using linear T5HO bulbs for plant lights. ALL fluorescent bulbs (CFL or linear) contain mercury, which often/usually goes into landfills (because few bother to dispose of them properly).

We don't have much choice with UVBs—LED tech is in development, but not here quite yet.

Right now I won't be picking up garbage in my area....it's all under a ton of snow. 😕
Yeah we just had snow yesterday and it's still cold
Shaking Cold Weather GIF by funk

Re we have stores that will take back CFL bulbs...not sure about the long linear ones...but I think they go to a waste centre.
IME, its different in each locality (not to mention country). All it really takes is a call to whoever picks up your refuse to ask. Most won't; they don't want to know, and they don't want to have to do something extra.

We have special days annually or semi-annually where you can drop off things like electronics, batteries, fluorescents, and other items best not put into landfills.

The lengths some will go to—hiding stuff in their garbage so they won't have to comply... It'd be funny if it weren't so sad.

Thank you Thatcher
Will do the same.
If each person pitched in one time, whatever way they like. We would all be better off.
This time of year , we get Milkweed seeds in the fridge ready for spring planting , for The Monarch butterflies.
The Monarch butterflies are becoming Close to extinction.
Anything we can do to provide habitat for wild species is needed more than ever, which includes our own
backyards. :)

Back
Top Bottom