anyone have the monsoon?

I have a Monsoon and I love it. I have not experienced any negative things that others have. It is super easy to operate, and claims it can handle up to 6 spray nozzles. The mist is super-fine.
I currently use it for one cage, but as soon as I finish my "man-cave", I will be hooking it up to a second enclosure as well. I already bought the pieces to run 4 nozzles (2 per enclosure) and can't wait to see it in action (and stop hand misting the panther!). I will let you know once I hook up both cages.

I have a Monsoon and I love it. I have not experienced any negative things that others have. It is super easy to operate, and claims it can handle up to 6 spray nozzles. The mist is super-fine.
I currently use it for one cage, but as soon as I finish my "man-cave", I will be hooking it up to a second enclosure as well. I already bought the pieces to run 4 nozzles (2 per enclosure) and can't wait to see it in action (and stop hand misting the panther!). I will let you know once I hook up both cages.

awesome thanks for the response. I too would only be handling up to 2 cages, so the amount of water the tank holds would be perfect.

i have the Monsoon...i dont know about other people but i found its less of a mister and more of a sprayer.....the spray out of the nozzles is adjustable but it still seems more like a water jet than a water mist..... fortunately if you call the people who make the monsoon then they can send you new nozzles for free.....but they still end up with more fo a spray than a mist...an if the spray would hit the cham anywhere near an eye it could cause some serious problems..so be careful

http://www.pangeareptile.com/store/exo-terra-monsoon-rs400-rainfall-system.html

I am looking into getting one, it looks pretty easy to use, I have looked into mistkings and it seems, i don't know, intimidating with all its gadgets. I love how simple the monsoon looks.

Anyone have one? what are your thoughts on it?

I have a "habba spit" and I hate it... might as well be called an automatic dripper. :rolleyes:

The MistKing is easier than you would think. I was intimidated myself but I have it running 8 cages and now I can go all day not worrying about humidity and also the mist is an actual mist not a spray like the monsoon or habbamist turn into.

The mistking is a great option and it's not as challenging as it may seem.

I would personally reccomend and ultrasonic humdifier and run a tube from it into your cage. I do that and mist like twice a day and my cham is the happiest thing in the world

Exoterra monsoons have many problems with the timer and the amount of water it puts out, making it an extreme hazard to your pet and home if it just empties it's tank. any product that can potentially kill ur pet doesn't seem to be a good idea in my opinion

I have the monsoon and mist king, I love both, I do use different nozzles for a finer mist

The MistKing is the way to go imo. I was intimidated at first, but once i got it out of the package i had it up and running in thirty minutes! I dont have experience with the monsoon but i have never heard a bad thing about a mistking. It has a fine mist, the nozzles have never clogged, never had a problem with the timer, and the zipdrip valve is an excellent feature.

thanks for all the responses! I'm still undecided... maybe I'll wait for either or to go on sale. :p

mistking!!

http://www.pangeareptile.com/store/exo-terra-monsoon-rs400-rainfall-system.html

I am looking into getting one, it looks pretty easy to use, I have looked into mistkings and it seems, i don't know, intimidating with all its gadgets. I love how simple the monsoon looks.

Anyone have one? what are your thoughts on it?

I have a "habba spit" and I hate it... might as well be called an automatic dripper. :rolleyes:

hi.. ima share my mansoon story with you and hopefully avoide you some frustrations..when i got my mansoon it was nice seemed to mist and timer worked..couldnt be happier..2 weeks later the timer jammed, wouldnt turn on, and when it would it would sray heavy loads of water ..not mist.. so i returned it
i saw the 100 dollar mistking set ups and i decided to get it..thats what i should have done ion the first place...really. the mist is perfect and it comes with a timer you can setup 8 different times a day to evry day or any days you want..and dont be intimidated its really easy..and if u you do have sissues installing it or setting it up ..marty the guy that sells them is really cool and he wont mind talking you through it. theres a 2 year warranty on the pump so thats a plus !! over all i recomned you get it...iv read a lot of bad reviews from the mansoon..and i still gave it a shot and it shot me back jajaj :D

I have the monsoon and mist king, I love both, I do use different nozzles for a finer mist

Hi Suzi-

Did you switch out the spray nozzles on the monsoon to finer ones?

I am on my 2nd monsoon (the new improved model courtesy of Exo Terra)

I have heard of folks swapping out the nozzles for finer ones, but it was controversial due to them creating extra back pressure.

Was just wondering if anyone has done it and had real good results?

So far I like improved monsoon for smaller "spritzing" needs, but mist king is a much more heavy duty product and high quality. :)

Thanks!
Todd

Hey I just bought a monsoon mister off of amazon.com, new not used for under $70 with free shipping. Better than spending twice that at my local shop. just a suggestion.

Hi Suzi-

Did you switch out the spray nozzles on the monsoon to finer ones?

I am on my 2nd monsoon (the new improved model courtesy of Exo Terra)

I have heard of folks swapping out the nozzles for finer ones, but it was controversial due to them creating extra back pressure.

Was just wondering if anyone has done it and had real good results?

So far I like improved monsoon for smaller "spritzing" needs, but mist king is a much more heavy duty product and high quality. :)

Thanks!

Hi Todd! Yes I did switch the nozzles for finer misting and so far have not had any problems :) I agree the mist king is a much higher quality product that I upgraded to early on but still use my monsoon without problems for a couple of cages :)
Suzi

you shouldnt be undecided..dont waste your money on the crap-soon its timer is defective, it squirts not mist, and drips like crasey...get a mistking, you will be waaaaaay happier in the end that you did...

http://www.mistingdepot.com/product.php?productid=17527&cat=250&page=1

its like 109.06 shipped to my location, im sure its about the same to you..then go buy a bucket with a lid at homedepot 10 bucks..

once set up you will have a QUALITY misting (well more like fogger) set up for your chams that will last and last..also upgradeable in the future..crap-soon is not...

I have one and I love it and so does Loki and the fine mist that comes outs makes it look like its raining. Recommended.

wow sounds like mistking is the way to go... bypass all the crap. thank you for all the imput you guys!!!

I have four monsoons at the moment and have been happy with them. I did replace all of the nozzles with "finer mist" ones at the cost of about $20. I have each one running four cages. I chose these based the fact that I keep several different types of chams and wanted different misting options. Maybe I am the lucky one but so far no problems.

Back
Top Bottom