Anyone have Ch. jacksonii jacksonii?

Kent67

Retired Moderator
Like the title says, does anyone here still have nominate Jackson's? If yes, WC or born here? Everyone I knew of has experienced heavy losses with them after they initially seemed to thrive. To the dealers here, does anyone know if there are plans for more to be imported?

i have jacksonii, jacksonni, i have a pair i bought from Mike at FLCHAMS and 7 babies left from 13. the female came pregnant, she did not breed with the male i have and i was told they are 'farm raised'? from kenya.
my neonates are about 3 1/4 months old now (born late August) and seem to be thriving.
my adult female now has started with an eye issue about 3 days ago, i saw her rubbing it and now it is closed. i am hoping it is just irratated otherwise i need to schedule a vet visit??

drew

Drew! I forgot about yours. Glad to hear yours are doing well still. I rec'd an email from the last person I knew who'd had babies. His were born the same day as mine in late March, I believe it was. His all did very well for the first 3 months and then started dropping, just like mine did. He lost his last one just a couple days ago. I'm left with two females from my clutch. When yours get close to breeding age, if you want to sell a male or maybe do a breeding loan, please let me know.

Thanks and good luck with them! They really are a neat little species....

I have been trying to find a baby or juvi jacksons but it is next to impossible.
What is it about them that it makes them hard to keep?

I have been trying to find a baby or juvi jacksons but it is next to impossible.
What is it about them that it makes them hard to keep?

I sure wish I knew. I've just had this one clutch of nominate Jackson's and I gotta tell ya, watching 14 babies do extremely well for 3+ months and then just start dropping one by one was heart-breaking and beyond frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom