Anyone Else???

KingJulian

I wake up everyday around nine and my ambilobe is in the spot where he sleeps, his lights are on a timer so his lights turn on at eight. The question that I have is, is it normal for them to basically sit there almost all day? I mean he eats there, drinks there, and might move around his vine, but rarely ever goes up on his own to bask. Is this normal? Do any of you have similar experiences like this?

I wake up everyday around nine and my ambilobe is in the spot where he sleeps, his lights are on a timer so his lights turn on at eight. The question that I have is, is it normal for them to basically sit there almost all day? I mean he eats there, drinks there, and might move around his vine, but rarely ever goes up on his own to bask. Is this normal? Do any of you have similar experiences like this?

My guesses are that he either loves that spot and feels very comfortable in it. If he is eating and drinking, that's good but he should try to move to his basking spot every now and then. Don't worry he is doing his thing right now probably which is just chilling. Maybe his basking spot is too warm and he is just trying to cool down a bit. I haven't experienced this yet. My chameleon stays in his basking spot for an hour, then moves around his cage toward the middle and chills in some trees, then climbs up through a tree to his favorite spot and chills there for a little bit too. Then he goes back to his basking spot and after a while he just explores the cage everywhere haha

My guesses are that he either loves that spot and feels very comfortable in it. If he is eating and drinking, that's good but he should try to move to his basking spot every now and then. Don't worry he is doing his thing right now probably which is just chilling. Maybe his basking spot is too warm and he is just trying to cool down a bit. I haven't experienced this yet. My chameleon stays in his basking spot for an hour, then moves around his cage toward the middle and chills in some trees, then climbs up through a tree to his favorite spot and chills there for a little bit too. Then he goes back to his basking spot and after a while he just explores the cage everywhere haha

he does that too, about an hour before his lights go out hes everywhere...just going crazy. he really does just chill all day, but the only thing that is concerning me is that he just isnt a "heat seaker."

Mine sleeps in the same spot everyday. If you dont check on him during the day while im at work, you would never know he moved at all.

he does that too, about an hour before his lights go out hes everywhere...just going crazy. he really does just chill all day, but the only thing that is concerning me is that he just isnt a "heat seaker."

I get you. Hey if you could post a picture, that would be great!

My little guy likes to walk around. He sleeps in different spots but if you want him to start moving around move his dripper to anothef part of the cage. Is he fed by cup of free range ?

Here he is in his spot

image.jpg

Is this his first winter in your care? My girl has been hanging out in her sleepy spot a lot more since it got cold and dark around her. But she does come down to eat and bask.

Honestly it's hard to say if there is anything else going on with your guy in the picture provided. If you are really concerned it would help if you filled out this form: https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

Just copy and paste it into your thread and then fill it out. We'll be able to tell you if anything is off in your husbandry and causing your Panthers lack of movement!

Back
Top Bottom