anybody know who is purchasing every single wc female pqnther import before they even arrive in us to purchase???????

Not sure, but I have seen wc imports available on some pet store websites. I think reptilesdirect.com had some available a couple weeks ago. You have to check their facebook page. Lots of reptile stores have facebook pages that they update more often than their regular website. And since a lot of elderly people use facebook on a regular basis--to answer your question--old people are buying your wc imports.

And to address the "before they even arrive in us to purchase" part of your question, I'm not sure if that is really happening. You just have to look around. But, you can always contact these pet stores, such as the one mentioned above, and see if you can work out a deal or at least get inside knowledge of when an import comes in.

I think there might be another Madagascar import later this year, so you might want to start asking around if you want a wc. I'll spare you the lecture of buying captive bred vs wc. Since you are asking this question, I assume that you know the risks of wc individuals and how to deal with them in terms of parasites etc.

every single female.......thats not normal......my thought is who is beefing up their breeding stock at that capacity......and for what??? there was a purchase of some small islands off florida coast late last year.....I wonder...

every single female.......thats not normal......my thought is who is beefing up their breeding stock at that capacity......and for what??? there was a purchase of some small islands off florida coast late last year.....I wonder...
Interesting...are you sure that female WC chameleons are even coming in? I figure that they might only be shipping males since they are more colorful and easier to make a quick buck off of. There are already a good amount of panthers here in the U.S--so wc females might not be in high demand. TBH I know nothing about what they import. But now you have got me curious if there is someone, or some thing, out there buying up all the wc females. But I just don't think that's possible. There's no way that someone is buying up all the females. That doesn't seem feasible.

I think there might be another Madagascar import later this year, so you might want to start asking around if you want a wc. I'll spare you the lecture of buying captive bred vs wc. Since you are asking this question, I assume that you know the risks of wc individuals and how to deal with them in terms of parasites etc.
:) Salty dog breeds panthers. He’s well aware of what’s involved with keeping wc.

Your response didn't sound rude at all. Though I can see how you might think that I interpreted it that way. I think I used one too many exclamation marks haha. I've read enough of your responses here on the forums to know who you are--you are definitely not a rude person.

After reading my response again, it definitely sounds like I'm responding defensively--that wasn't my intention 😁. I meant it genuinely because I want to learn more about the people here on the forums.

The true challenge of typing responses is that you can't always tell if someone is angry or glad, happy or sad.

Anybody know who is purchasing every single wc female panther import before they even arrive in US to purchase???????

1613027148950.png

I thought maybe someone on here would have some info about it... there was an import order of a few hundred ambanja that came in ...out of that order every female was purchased before it hit u.s. soil

If I were going to make a guess I would suggest a heavy hitter with a long history in the chameleon business, deep pockets, a large social media presence and a national reputation or @jamest0o0

How do you think their pockets got so deep? Where did they learn the marketing tactics for social media? How did they get that reputation?... If it sounds like something that only a small cockroach business could fund, then you'd be right. A new world order chameleon deep state, controlling the market through hundreds of trillions of dirty arthropod dollars.

I've noticed tho in the cham business some people get real serious about not letting other chameleon businesses succeed. Lol. It's almost as scandalous as the beauty industry. 🤣🤣🤣

Nice topic--
Don't know the answer but sent some emails out to reptile importers. Will just have to wait and see what they say.

I thought that WC was no longer happening but were actually Farm Raised (like they are doing in Florida). So, females would be the majority of their $$$$ with raising the babies and selling Adult Males (I am guessing since I don't like supporting the WC industry). To many great breeders here and very knowledgeable too. Not sure why we would bring in diseases and parasites from a different country.. I am sure there are reasons to complex for my simple reasoning.

Back
Top Bottom