any updates from tanzania? anyone know their official site?

EvilLost

I tried to look, albeit not very thoroughly.....

Does anyone know where Tanzania would release information regarding pygmy export regulations/changes?

And, does anyone know if they have changed?

I'm seeing an increase in the number of pygmy posts around....not sure if its just the usual ebb and flow or if exports are open again?

Evillost Hello, I think exports are not open. Here in Spain the same thing has happened in the last two fairs nationally there was a significant amount of species like Rhampholeon brevicaudatus or temporalis. That is because even when closed exports, ignore the laws and changing legal market. It allows Parties to make certain exceptions in the following cases: for specimens in transit or transhipment, for specimens acquired before the date on which they carry out the provisions of the Convention, for specimens that are personal or household effects; for animals bred in captivity for artificially propagated plants, for specimens for scientific research, to animals or plants that are part of collection or exhibition, such as circuses etc. That is, there is scope "legal" to make mischief. Many of them come close after months of exports. Humans never do things right ...:confused:
The wildlife trade careless directly affects populations over 37,000 species of flora and fauna worldwide. The unfortunate loss of wealth that this represents is aggravated by the unprecedented high speed at which it occurs. It is estimated that each day the extinction of a species, and many do not get to know or their existence (as an example, we can cite at least 22 species of reptiles known as extinct in the past 400 years, according to IUCN, 2000) . Furthermore, as extinct, ecosystems are weakened: the disappearance of a species directly affects the surrounding, altering the food chain and the relationship established by millions of years of natural evolution.

Regards.

I know some chameleons are being brought in from other african countries like mellers from Mozambique. Perhaps they are from other areas?

ahh a likely possibility I hadn't considered....eitherway, time to clean up my racks and start prelims on that pygmy breeding project I've wanted to do for a while now :)

K. Bohemei, j. jacksonii, and t. ellioti just in on kingsnake... Looks like we are going to start seeing some shipments. They all look healthy too!

Edit: Just realized Kenya is NEXT TO TZ...:eek: But hey, its a good start for the KcK

Back
Top Bottom