Any tips on getting him out for cleaning?

Ringobaby

Baby Ringo, came home Saturday 9/7/19. He seems to be adjusting but have been giving him space. Will have to take him out to clean his cage soon!

Attachments

• image000000_57.jpg
    image000000_57.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 194
Before cham was okay with me handling him, I just cleaned around him. I think have my hands in his enclosure actually helped him realize I wasn't going to eat him.

Thank you! Will probably try seeing if he warms up to me and if not I will definitely respect him and just clean around him thanks for the tip

Get him to walk onto a branch/stick if you can. Hold the branch/stick in front of him sort of under his chin and then bring your other hand around behind him to encourage him to move forward onto the branch/stick.

Thank you! Will try that. Bought one just specifically for that. Also, the corner he likes to go to I don't have much access to reach him from be hind without him thinking I may be a predator. Do you recommend maybe getting him like baby horned worms just to get him out?

Before cham was okay with me handling him, I just cleaned around him. I think have my hands in his enclosure actually helped him realize I wasn't going to eat him.

Ringo got his cage cleaned today and the only thing that worked was your technique for now! Tried getting him on the stick but he showed his colors and puffed like I never seen him hahaha didn't want to stress him anymore so just took your advice.

Back
Top Bottom