Any tips how to get my cham use to me

EXPL0S1VE

Hey all new to the site I've had my young cham for about 4 days now I really want him to trust me and aproch me if I put my hand in every morning I try hand feeding until he walks away from me lol what can I do about this? I've not once tried to put my hand in to pic him up yet either.

You got to let him get use to his surroundings first. Give him a few weeks... maybe a month to adujust before handling him. Then start with a stick, let him climb on the stick and you can take him out that way. Depending on his temperament... Once he gets use to you he should start coming onto your hand. Some just don't like being handled and will never come on your hand.

Long tong feed or cup feed. Do this when he is on the outside branch of his tree, or outside the cage. Never put your hand inside his tree, even when Hes tame and an adult. They are very territorial and will stress out if you keep going into his tree "to get him". You might not be trying to grab him, but that is whats going through his head.

Back
Top Bottom