Any thoughts..

Curtis James

Established Member
So I took Apollo outside today for some sun it was kinda windy. So I then decided to bring him back inside. I picked him up to bring him in he got salty with me to where he wouldn't even let me look at him I would try and move my head to see but he would move so I couldn't.. He's now inside on free range tree and walked up to him just now and he got all freaked out and again moved his whole body again so I couldn't see him. Acting really scared.. I haven't done anything for him to lose trust with me. He's eating and drinking normal temps are 82-86 he's very active. Is he just playing peekaboo or does he just want to be alone or is he hurt or just trying to freak me out....? Any thoughts would be great.

Thank you:) you are all great.

I think he is fine and you are worrying about nothing!! You will find chameleons are strange(but wonderful) little creatures and sometimes they do quirky things to worry us, when we really shouldn't worry at all!! Why would you think he could be hurt???

I think he is fine and you are worrying about nothing!! You will find chameleons are strange(but wonderful) little creatures and sometimes they do quirky things to worry us, when we really shouldn't worry at all!! Why would you think he could be hurt???

I don't actually think he was hurt. I am definitely just a worry some owner. He is my first Cham and I just worry about the little guy is all...

Yes, it seems to come with the territory of owning a chamelelon. I have never worried more about an pet, than with my chameleons. I don't know what it is about them. I think the more you learn(like on this forum) the more things you are looking for to go wrong!!!

Yes, it seems to come with the territory of owning a chamelelon. I have never worried more about an pet, than with my chameleons. I don't know what it is about them. I think the more you learn(like on this forum) the more things you are looking for to go wrong!!!

Yeah I will say this forum has taught me more then any books I have read on chameleons. Thru all my research I did before my purchase this forum taught me pretty much everything, I thought I knew more then i did until i created an account on this forum and started to read and post. So with that I wanna thank everyone that has help me so far on me and my chams journey. We both thank you, for everything.

So smile it looks better on you.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370213797.673799.jpg

See he's such a weirdy! Haha

A chameleon in the wild spends its life trying to avoid being prey for another, bigger foe. The instincts for survival are still ingrained even in a captive bred so I always try to keep my movements slow when handling, try not to come up from behind, and when holding always try to have him facing me so he's not feeling threatened. Even though I have a great bond with all my chams, when they get time on the free range they become almost instantly territorial and a bit 'pissy'!

I wouldn't worry too much about your chams attitude toward you when outside his cage. If your general bond with him is strong, it's okay to accept some attitude every now and then. ;)

this is just a thought, but there was a post on it- some chams dont like certain colors or shirt patterns - did you change your clothing ? the post was fun to see how many chams did not like certain colors, (mine hate white ) or patterns - but like the others said too .. its a cham thing :p

TRUE!!! Before my breast reduction surgery, I started researching anesthesia awareness and I almost scared myself out of going through with the surgery. LOL! I emailed my surgeon about it and I know he must have thought I was nuts.

Yeah, your not wearing a hot pink shirt are you!! :eek:

Best thing to do, walk away where he cant see you for a while.

Yeah, your not wearing a hot pink shirt are you!! :eek:

Best thing to do, walk away where he cant see you for a while.

Haha! I remember a while back someone told about their trip to the vet and all the vets had on hot pink shirts and it FLIPPED their cham out :p

Their cham was like permanently scared of pink :rolleyes:

Haha! I remember a while back someone told about their trip to the vet and all the vets had on hot pink shirts and it FLIPPED their cham out :p

Their cham was like permanently scared of pink :rolleyes:

Oh no. Well I mean I would be scared of pink to. So does that mean the Cham would be scared of a pink flower?

this is just a thought, but there was a post on it- some chams dont like certain colors or shirt patterns - did you change your clothing ? the post was fun to see how many chams did not like certain colors, (mine hate white ) or patterns - but like the others said too .. its a cham thing :p

I just realized I was wearing a all white shirt that day......

Back
Top Bottom