Any quick advice

I am hopefully about to redecorate my Chams cage- I have been trying for a while now because I can't get Randall out of the cage. She hates me so I have tried lureing her on my hand, on a stick, and on her new tree with food but she sees the trick. The next thing I can think to do is grab her (More like cup my hands under her feet) and if I do that I will get bit. Any ideas?

I agree, try letting her venture out on her own, a lot of chameleons are just territorial. Even the females. Though it may take a while, so I'd grab a book or something and wait her out in the same room. Just hope she won't still be furious outside it on her door or something XD good luck

Usually what I do is open the cage door and wait for my cham to venture out. He then let's me pick him up. He's probably just cage territorial. Once he's out, he may loosen up a bit.

I know it is weird but Randall is actually my little girl. I named her when I though she was a he and the name stuck. I tried to lure her out by putting ,fresh from my grandmas garden, grasshoppers on a plant but she knows the trick and had no reaction. I like two minutes before you posted resorted to getting her out more forcefully because if I waited she would fall asleep far before I finished decorateing and my mom ,who I needed help from, was getting impatient. She hissed like an alligator but never bit and I got her out. The cage is for the most part done right now, but I spent anhour + decorating then ate a late dinner and cleaned up. This is the first chance I have had to get on here. I will add to the top front of the cage to give her more privacy in the near future. I like how it turned out besides that.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 52
Maybe she's upset because you named her Randal haha. Just kidding. I would do the same as above. Open the cage up then ignore her and when she comes out (it may take a while) keep ignoring her tell she's done some exploring around the cage then remove. Or, when Tony was little I would open the cage to do some cleaning and he climb out to the top of his cage so I could get really in the without disturbing the master.

Back
Top Bottom