Any bully breed owners around here??

SS4Luck

Established Member
Between me and my girlfriend we had 3 pitbulls and im wondering if there are any other pit/bulldog/boxer type owners out here with me??

Here is my 8 month old APBT Odin :D
I got him out of the pound at 6 months
DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

here are my GFs dogs
Gypsy (15 mo) is the black one abd Lily (6 mo) is the white puppy
IMG00211-20090811-1316.jpg

IMG00077-20090629-2237.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

The whole crew on one of their "play days"
DSC_0020.jpg

thanks for looking :D

My favorite breed. I grew up with a 120 pound staph, and currently have a small pit mix. I have no clue what she is mixed with but she def favors the pit. I'm going to have her genetically tested when I have a spare 60 bucks laying around.

Zoe
007.jpg

The Retriever is Buddy. Both are rescues.

shes mixed with cuteness!!!

Odin and Gypsy are from the pound and we got Lily from a rescue at 9 wks and were her 5th owners... poor dog had bounced from horrid owner to horrid owner, and never shows it ever. She is full of energy and love and does anything for attention

The American pit bull terrier is one of my favorite breeds but I don't have one of my own (yet).

When I move into a house I would like to foster dogs for Dead Dogs Walking, a local bully breed rescue that snatches pibbles out of high euthanasia shelters and finds suitable adopters.

This whiney only child will throw a fit once another dog is in the house:

DSCN8914.jpg

I love Bully Breeds :D

This is my guy I bought & flew up as 8 wk old pup from Texas. He is such a

suck, it's unbelievable!
121.jpg

This girl I actually just drove to meet at the Calgary airport lastnight. She is 8yrs old and comes from a shelter in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

I'll have to get some pics of her yet, but here she is off the rescue site
chata.jpg

With the right owners bullies are outstanding, rewarding and loving animals!. with the wrong owners you get all the bad press :(

I have a Boston terrier, I consider her bully-ish, I used to have a boxer as well, bullies are definetly my favorite.

I have a Boston terrier, I consider her bully-ish, I used to have a boxer as well, bullies are definetly my favorite.

i love Boston Terriers! :D ill post pics later, but my friend is a hardcore bull lover, he has a Boston Terrier, and one of those really rare American Blue Pitbulls :eek:

and heres my pooch, Blu, a 10 year old Blue Merle Aussie

142t1xt.jpg

Boston terriers are a bully breed as they come from the same founding stock that the American pit bull terrier did. They were originally 30 pound fighting terriers and weren't as hyper-brachial as they are now. They are a breed that was "developed in the show ring" from what I understand.

I don't consider boxers a bully breed at all, but most people don't know a big difference.

and one of those really rare American Blue Pitbulls :eek:

No such thing. Blue is not an APBT color; it was bred in a few decades ago from Neopolitan mastiffs and staffordshire terriers. A "blue pit" is not rare and it isn't a full APBT, either.

Also, your Aussie is ridiculously adorable.

I don't consider boxers a bully breed at all, but most people don't know a big difference.

Just curious as to why you feel this way?

If you look at the past of Boxers, they come from Bulldogs. As Wikipedia even states:

"Developed in Germany, the Boxer is a breed of stocky, medium-sized, short-haired dog. The coat is smooth and fawn or brindled, with or without white markings. Boxers are brachycephalic (they have broad, short skulls), and have a square muzzle, mandibular prognathism (an underbite), very strong jaws and a powerful bite ideal for hanging on to large prey. The Boxer was bred from the English Bulldog and the now extinct Bullenbeisser....."

If you go to www.bullybreeds.com there is a list of dogs considered as such. They are:
Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog
American Bulldog
American Staffordshire Terrier
Boston Terrier
Boxer
Bull Terrier
Bulldog
Bullmastiff
French Bulldog
Olde English Bulldogge
Pit Bull Terrier
Pug
Renascence Bulldog
Staffordshire Bull Terrier
Victorian Bulldog

Last edited:
Just curious as to why you feel this way?

If you look at the past of Boxers, they come from Bulldogs. As Wikipedia even states:

"Developed in Germany, the Boxer is a breed of stocky, medium-sized, short-haired dog. The coat is smooth and fawn or brindled, with or without white markings. Boxers are brachycephalic (they have broad, short skulls), and have a square muzzle, mandibular prognathism (an underbite), very strong jaws and a powerful bite ideal for hanging on to large prey. The Boxer was bred from the English Bulldog and the now extinct Bullenbeisser....."

If you go to www.bullybreeds.com there is a list of dogs considered as such. They are:
Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog
American Bulldog
American Staffordshire Terrier
Boston Terrier
Boxer
Bull Terrier
Bulldog
Bullmastiff
French Bulldog
Olde English Bulldogge
Pit Bull Terrier
Pug
Renascence Bulldog
Staffordshire Bull Terrier
Victorian Bulldog

I stand corrected! Haha, sorry! I guess they don't really stand out to me as a bully breed because they are slightly different in temperament.

I stand corrected! Haha, sorry! I guess they don't really stand out to me as a bully breed because they are slightly different in temperament.

I wouldnt understand why temperment has to do with anything. English bulldogs, some of the laziest slowest dogs ever are considered bully breeds. Most boxers i know act the same way as Odin too and I am around them every day.

And to whomever thinks "blue" pits are rare... but most peoples standards Odin is a blue pit. Most people refer to pitbulls by the color of their nose, creating "blue" or blue nose pits and "red" or red nose pits. Odin and Gypsy would be "blue" and Lily would be a "red" If you look more at Odin they grey color that starts at his shoulders and goes back is the blue fur color that most people often refer to as "blue pitbulls"

Boston terriers are a bully breed as they come from the same founding stock that the American pit bull terrier did. They were originally 30 pound fighting terriers and weren't as hyper-brachial as they are now. They are a breed that was "developed in the show ring" from what I understand.

Bostons were not really created in the "show ring" they have the name Boston for a reason. They were created as a means to an end back when Boston put a limit law on the weight of a dog anyone could own within the city limits.

They also retain the ability to "lock" their jaws. Mine was a spastic lil thing that one of his favorite past times was to swing around in circles locked on the end of a towel. (I know not really safe, but I was young :rolleyes:) It was his second favorite thing to do, he would bring me towels to do this with. His absolute favorite thing was plastic bottles. You had to keep an eye on your coke, or he would certainly take it. lol

I find the "meaning" behind some of these breeds fascinating. Frenchies for instance, were the result of English men paying for French "ladies of the night" services. They would often use runt English bull dogs. Well these *cough* ladies *cough* bred these runts, eventually creating the Frenchie.

I have a French Bulldog and a Pug in the bullie family. I also have a large breed mix rescue. I will have to try and get new pictures of them. :)

Lol I love English Bulldogs. They have been my fantasy dog ever since I was a kid. I just cant spend 1500 on a dog.

Ryan- that second from the last picture looks like she's not to happy about her costume :p and that second picture from the top reminds me of the petsmart commercial where the big english bulldog brings that toy to the little one.

Snow White is giving the death stare!!! :) My other dog allows me to put light up antlers on him when it is christmas time!! I adore English bulldogs!! Very cute pictures!

Back
Top Bottom