Any Bad Experiences With BWR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never really knew until recently that backwater reptiles (BWR) has a bunch of bad reviews and unfortunately I learned that after buying $40 or so of pinheads. I got the package, its in pretty good packaging, but at least sixty or seventy percent of the crickets were dead. I tried to contact them through email and they told me to fax them a picture of the dead crickets after I had already put the eggcrate in the cricket cage so the live ones could eat so already most of the pinheads had been spilled into the coconut soil and you cant see them anymore. I said I dont have a fax machine so they said to just email the picture. I did and there where about 200 dead in the picture (the dead ones that weren't spilled) and they said it wasn't enough. After a couple emails they agreed to refund fifteen dollars (I think it was fifteen) which is still pretty frustrating. I think I will stick to LLL next time. Have you had a bad experience with BWR also? If so please share it

Thats too bad I thought they had good prices on their chams and a lot of variety too i never bought from them though

I try to buy all my feeders local. We usually have a couple reptile shows a momth an hour from me and get what I need there for dirt cheap. 1000 super worms for 20 bucks 1000 crickets for 16 bucks. Also have roaches and hornworms usually.

Have you had a bad experience with BWR also? If so please share it

Chameleon Forums is not currently setup to deal with the reviews and inquiries of companies or individuals. It's a complicated decision, but ultimately it was made to avoid the difficulty involved with properly moderating such threads and the negativity that often breeds from them. These discussions frequently escalate into bickering, finger pointing and name calling, and unfortunately good reputations and friendships are frequently damaged by an inadvertent comment derived from rumour or innuendo. As witnessed on other websites in the past, this negativity can easily bleed into the general forums and have devastating effects on a friendly and open community.

Chameleon Forums is here to educate and offer support for the community, but when it comes to reviews or disputes within the hobby we currently recommend the Board of Inquiry (BOI) at Fauna Classifieds. They are equipped to deal with these types of problems and have certain standards in place that offer a fair medium for resolution. The herp community in general has been using the BOI for many years now.
American BOI
Canadian BOI
International BOI

If you have an issue with one of our sponsors please contact an administrator privately. We welcome suggestions and feedback on how we currently handle reviews and disputes within the hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom