Any acceptable fountains to stimulate drinking?

I've had Albert for about 6 months and I've never seen him drink. I know he's hydrated because of his sac he leaves behind. I also have had bad luck with the diy drip cup, no matter how small I make the hole water just streams out. I rely on my mist king and the crappy Fluckers cup which lasts about an hour. Fountains are not worth experimenting with and neither is trying to overthink and create some kind of system... nothing will beat an old-fashioned spray bottle and privacy. Lol

I used to have fountains for my cats...tried a few different ones. They were a massive pain in the nether region to clean. There were always tiny nooks & crannies that nothing would reach. The filters are basically just a bag of charcoal. Not worth it for cats/dogs and most definitely not appropriate for chameleons.
My duck likes hers. Go figure. :)

I used to have a cat... But it had servers mental health issues. So I got a strange one. 😂 He would drink out of the sink or bathtub only.

So for cats that are more center balanced... Yes. 😂
My cat demands that I go upstairs with him to our bedroom bathroom and turn on the sink and let the water trickle out so he can drink from it. That's the only place he wants his water from.

I’m thinking I’m going to do this for my monitor setup I’m planning. It’s going to be 6ft x 4ft x 6ft, I’m thinking of also using something like a Divided 75g became he’s gonna need a lot of space. My only concern is weather or not the plants can keep up with the amount of waste if he poops in the water, which he definitely will because he loves to 💩 in clean water 😂 But for a Cham it would definitely be doable!

I'd do a pond sized UV sterilizer and let the tank cycle for a long time. Maybe an aquatic CuC would help too.

My cat demands that I go upstairs with him to our bedroom bathroom and turn on the sink and let the water trickle out so he can drink from it. That's the only place he wants his water from.
My dog always has a bowl of water in the house, yet whenever he goes out, if there's any water in the bowl on the porch, he'll drink it all. Porch water tastes better than house water, even though it comes out of the same spigot in the same kind of bowl.

Must be your bathroom water tastes better to the cat. 🤷‍♂️

My dog always has a bowl of water in the house, yet whenever he goes out, if there's any water in the bowl on the porch, he'll drink it all. Porch water tastes better than house water, even though it comes out of the same spigot in the same kind of bowl.

Must be your bathroom water tastes better to the cat. 🤷‍♂️
And my cats prefer to drink from the dog’s bowl instead of theirs. One cat rushes in as soon as you finish your shower to lick up the water. Go figure.
My duck likes hers. Go figure. :)
My cats liked their fountains. They were just too difficult to clean properly.

My father is 84 and his cat is 13 and has been drinking out of the right sink of the his and her vanity in the bathroom. For 13 years continously he has had the faucet set to a slow drip, I've replaced drains twice and recently had to replace the sink altogether. Lol

Back
Top Bottom