Ants in cages?

i was cleaning my 2 cages this weekend and noticed ants in both. I have a pathos in 1 and a ficus in the other I believe their in the soil they are small black ones. I'm looking for advice on how to get rid of them. I thought maybe put a piece of flypaper in the enclosure but I don't want my Chams tongue or body get stuck to it. I don't want to use any pesticides . Will ants damage Chams . Thanks
Dave

Ants n water dont mix well,I will suggest when u get a chance,do a total clean splash with water since u do not want to use any pesticide like u mentioned,but u can find out where the ants coming from and use the pesticide around that entrance area....
USE WATER LIKE ITS UR BEST FRIEND AND WASH THOSE ANT AWAY
"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."

Ants AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! yes, they will eat your cham alive. Get all the plants and ants out ASAP. Get new plants and start over. Very dangerous to have ants in there.

Damn I was just woundering about this as u noticed some in my cages today. I just got the plants I'll do a thorough cleaning tomorrow I guess damn pest

It sounds like you have the invasive Argentine ants. A I didn't know they could live in cold climates! They are extremely adaptive and can set up satellite colonies almost anywhere it's warm, including planted pots! You can remove the potted plants and use poison bait like Terro to kill the colony then flush the pots with water to remove the bait. Unfortunately, it takes about 2 weeks to kill the entire colony, but you can save the plants for a possible rotation later.

I just have the sugar ants they ate freaking annoying I got two ant bait for outdoors and indoors so I'm going to put them up tomorrow clean the cages and put a chalk lime around the cages till the ants are gone seems like the perfect plan lol

It sounds like you have the invasive Argentine ants. A I didn't know they could live in cold climates! They are extremely adaptive and can set up satellite colonies almost anywhere it's warm, including planted pots! You can remove the potted plants and use poison bait like Terro to kill the colony then flush the pots with water to remove the bait. Unfortunately, it takes about 2 weeks to kill the entire colony, but you can save the plants for a possible rotation later.

I use this bait and it works well. Unfortunately I always have ants coming in from the outside. I have not had any ever attack a cham, if anything they want uneaten food items.

What we need is this bad boy right here
th.jpeg

Well I guess it's tear down time , I have some rotation plants. I'll look for Terro ant bait and try that. I was hoping for an easy answer or trick . Do it right and get it done. Always something you need to tweek in the Cham game I have too much time and money into my buddies to let little ants to get the better of me! The battle has begun
Thanks everyone

Well I guess it's tear down time , I have some rotation plants. I'll look for Terro ant bait and try that. I was hoping for an easy answer or trick . Do it right and get it done. Always something you need to tweek in the Cham game I have too much time and money into my buddies to let little ants to get the better of me! The battle has begun
Thanks everyone
Go get em' Dave.

The battle has begun
Thanks everyone
Someone once told me you can't beat ants. I figured they were wrong. I went to war and then learned it was true, you can't really beat them...but you sure as hell can trick them.

Use the Terro bait in the room with the ants, but away from the cage. The ants will head out for it and hopefully away from your buddy.

Back
Top Bottom