Antimena and others

They are so amazing, my heart beats slower right now!
Hope they will live long and have many many babies. :)

How are you finding the antimena care wise? Are you specifically keeping them any differently than the east coast rainforest species (parsonii, oshaughnessyi, malthe, etc.) as far as your misting schedule, etc., goes or pretty much the same?

Chris

All the new Calumma and Furcifer species look great! Good luck producing eggs from all the Calumma and Furcifer species pictured above.

I would expect that Furcifer antimena would have similar husbandry to a cross of Furcifer oustaleti and Furcifer pardalis. Similar to Furcifer pardalis expect drier and a bit hotter conditions. However capable of adapting to conditions that Furcifer pardallis live as that would replicate the rainy season of this species. That is my logic.

The Calumma Club!!

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
How are you finding the antimena care wise? Are you specifically keeping them any differently than the east coast rainforest species (parsonii, oshaughnessyi, malthe, etc.) as far as your misting schedule, etc., goes or pretty much the same?

Chris

Pretty much Chris. They are currently on the same misting schedule as everyone else. This will most likely change as it gets closer to summer. So far they are easy feeders but not interested in being around humans.

Both of them play the slide around the branch game but will eat if you step far enough back or leave the area.

Pretty much Chris. They are currently on the same misting schedule as everyone else. This will most likely change as it gets closer to summer. So far they are easy feeders but not interested in being around humans.

Both of them play the slide around the branch game but will eat if you step far enough back or leave the area.

Interesting. The southeast of Madagascar can be quite humid during the wet season. Obviously is it much drier in the dry season in their range. The question will be wether such dry conditions are necessary, or even beneficial, for them in captivity, however, or whether they do best in the long term with more "favorable" conditions.

Chris

Everyone looks awesome Mike. Where's the guy you posted on FB? The one that needs me to come over and give him a kiss. :eek:

Interesting. The southeast of Madagascar can be quite humid during the wet season. Obviously is it much drier in the dry season in their range. The question will be wether such dry conditions are necessary, or even beneficial, for them in captivity, however, or whether they do best in the long term with more "favorable" conditions.

Chris

I am looking into their rainfall charts. I have the one for Parsons but haven't gotten to them yet. Right now they are showing no signs of discomfort. Good hydration, good stool, active.

I am certainly open to suggestion when dealing with them.

Back
Top Bottom