Ant problem

Diatomaceous earth worked wonders for keeping them out of my bug room. Put it in the cracks and crevices around the room and they can't cross the line. It's like death by a thousand cuts for them.

That's good for dealing with escapees as well. I aim to do that when I get the Bug Room built. Also plan to do something to stop them from leaving via the walls/ceiling.

The DE only works if they crawl over it. So kind of useless if they travel by wall.

They are bait. Those Terra's.

Do not put them inside the cage, but outside right next to the cage. They can smell that stuff from a good deal away, and they will come for it.

The Terra baits, help work to kill the colony. The spray will not do that, or anything much really. As long as the colony lives, they will keep coming back. Just keep the liquid baits, near the cage at all times. Crickets that are outside of the cage, might eat it but who cares they are outside. Ants that eat it may get inside, but it would take the cham eating alot of them to pose any real risk.
I wonder where the HELL the colony is?
I pulled everything out of the cages. No more ants.
From time to time they pop up in the kitchen and also in my sun room. Hundreds at a time. Then none.
I've placed AMDRO baits all over the house.
These are tiny ants. I don't think that they are biters/stingers. But they show up in huge numbers.
I don't know where they are coming from.

I wonder where the HELL the colony is?
I pulled everything out of the cages. No more ants.
From time to time they pop up in the kitchen and also in my sun room. Hundreds at a time. Then none.
I've placed AMDRO baits all over the house.
These are tiny ants. I don't think that they are biters/stingers. But they show up in huge numbers.
I don't know where they are coming from.

Yep, I am having the same issue same ants. Odourous Sugar Ants. If you smoosh them they will smell weird, your finger will smell slightly smoosh 1, smoosh a bunch and you will smell it strong.

It's said to smell like Rotten Coconut, I smell Mint, not rotten coconut. But either way, a smell.

They can have huge colonys, with multiple queens, and are also known to setup a bunch of mini colonies close togehter.

I swear by this stuff. Got rid of sugar ants in my kitchen and the colony of bigger ants that had set up house in the frame of my car. Man, I hate ants!
09A50660-46FE-4810-B965-563D1D2D5163.jpeg

I swear by this stuff. Got rid of sugar ants in my kitchen and the colony of bigger ants that had set up house in the frame of my car. Man, I hate ants!
View attachment 256290
I just bought two 6 packs of that exact stuff from the HOME DEPOT.
Lots of liquid in there and a giant entrance hole. I cut the tabs with scissors.
I've placed them under furniture and around the perimeters of that room. As well as on the same table where 2 of the cages are. Behind the cages.
Hopefully they'll like them better than chewing on a dead cricket.

Back
Top Bottom