Another sad present

pssh

Avid Member
My female brev passed away today from being egg bound. I didn't even know she was gravid. I palpated her belly when I found her and felt some lumps, but they were up by her spine closer to her chest. I decided to take them out incase they were fertile. :( she had three little tick tack eggies.

Where are the eggs supposed to be? My last Pygmy who came to me gravid and stayed gravid for a month before passing away had her eggs right in front of her hips.

Also, my house is getting cold so I set up a heat lamp. Any suggestions on the temp it should be at? The ambient is around 64, so I set up one to raise one side of the cage to 69-ish and under the other lamp is 74. Too much?

so sorry...

I'm so sorry about your loss. I recently lost my Jackson's to the same thing, and it's heartbreaking. I found it in time for the vet to intervene, but she still didn't make it. I often wonder if it would have been more humane to let her pass without painful surgery, but who knows at the time what is right.

Sorry for you loss, as for the eggs, I'm pretty sure they should be at the hip. Maybe they got too big to pass? Losing one of your pets around this time of year is hard, I just lost one last night. :(

Sorry for you loss, as for the eggs, I'm pretty sure they should be at the hip. Maybe they got too big to pass? Losing one of your pets around this time of year is hard, I just lost one last night. :(

That's what I thought. They weren't that big, not compared to the previous female's eggs anyways. Her egg is so huge right now it's bigger than a marble!

Thanks guys. It's always hard to lose a pet and even harder sometimes to have to cut them open, but I'm hoping her eggs will hatch to be beautiful babies.

I didn't even know she was big enough to lay eggs yet! She was pretty small compared to other females. :( It was a surprise to find her gone.

I'm so sorry for your loss :( maybe her eggs will hatch soon and you can have 3 little mini ones running around to remind you of her. May she rest in peace.

wow there have been alot of chameleon deaths lately. Sorry to hear you lost your cham especially on what should be a very happy day.

i am sorry for your loss and the loss of her fruits. it is sad, the bright side is the learning experience you have given us here due to the untimely event of her passing. i wish you well in the future of your endeavors with this species. sometimes painful surprises are forced to be amongst us. your good at what you do, so never blame yourself for this occurance. just take with you the things you have learned from this instance as i have now learned a little more about a species i had once kept and never bred. rest in peace girl, i bet you looked brilliant as one of gods perfect children always do, be easy, think good things, and hope theres little feeders wherever you may go.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom