Another rescue

jmart

A guy bought an Ambanja panther last year. He brought it in where I work to sell it because he was moving and did not want to take it with him. Well, I refused to give him anything as it is not sellable (if that is a word).
18 months old, 7 inches total length, backbone and hips showing, no color and sunken eyes. I really do not know how it is still alive. He said he sprayed it and gave 5 crickets every 2 days! Anyway, I brought him home and he drank and drank for over an hour. I stopped the water, as I was afraid he was going to choke, and will continue tomorrow. I will offer food once he is hydrated.
What is wrong with people? They do not listen to the advice given (at my store anyway, one of the few good ones) and let the animal suffer.
I don't know if this boy will be ok or not. The guy did seem to care too much.
Just wanted to vent.

A guy bought an Ambanja panther last year. He brought it in where I work to sell it because he was moving and did not want to take it with him. Well, I refused to give him anything as it is not sellable (if that is a word).
18 months old, 7 inches total length, backbone and hips showing, no color and sunken eyes. I really do not know how it is still alive. He said he sprayed it and gave 5 crickets every 2 days! Anyway, I brought him home and he drank and drank for over an hour. I stopped the water, as I was afraid he was going to choke, and will continue tomorrow. I will offer food once he is hydrated.
What is wrong with people? They do not listen to the advice given (at my store anyway, one of the few good ones) and let the animal suffer.
I don't know if this boy will be ok or not. The guy did seem to care too much.
Just wanted to vent.

Aren't panthers supposed to be alot bigger (lengthwise) than that? I know veieleds get to be over 12 at least, and I thought panthers get bigger than veileds do...
I hope your new friend is going to be ok. Good luck with him. can you post pictures?

I totally agree with you. I hate when I go into my local petstore and hear people asking the staff about chameleons care. Every thing that comes out of their mouth is wrong. And these people dont take the time to reasearch any thing. It drives me insane, the stupidity of people. So many animals of all kinds are being treated/housed/cared for all wrong.
I hope he makes it. He sounds like he wants to live if he has lasted this long. Poor guy.
Thanks for letting me vent too.

I totally agree with you. I hate when I go into my local petstore and hear people asking the staff about chameleons care. Every thing that comes out of their mouth is wrong. And these people dont take the time to reasearch any thing. It drives me insane, the stupidity of people. So many animals of all kinds are being treated/housed/cared for all wrong.
I hope he makes it. He sounds like he wants to live if he has lasted this long. Poor guy.
Thanks for letting me vent too.

thats when you over hear them saying " oh you dont have to feed them much once every 4 day." is what i hover heard at my local store once i had to intervine and say what really should be done...

thats why i think im gona go to my local stores every so often and give the staff quizes!!! sounds like a good idea to me...

You should see what I do at my local petstore. When we walk thew the door they just get out of our way. Me and my husband go in there and re-do all the reptiles enclosers. Its so funny because we go in the storage rooms behind the counters, we open bulbs and heat pads out of there retail stock and put them on the animals. I even set up the wholesale feeders for them because they werent doing it right. One of these days Im just going to say "Just give us the keys and title" LOL:p;)

The staff give me looks sometimes. But the owners tell them that I can do what ever I want. And when I correct something for them. We made up a saying. "Clean it, feed it, leave it". Because the staff would try to change my corrections when im not there. So I told the owners my saying. And we walked right up to them and said it. Its funny. Power is a awsome feeling.;)

The staff give me looks sometimes. But the owners tell them that I can do what ever I want. And when I correct something for them. We made up a saying. "Clean it, feed it, leave it". Because the staff would try to change my corrections when im not there. So I told the owners my saying. And we walked right up to them and said it. Its funny. Power is a awsome feeling.;)

HAYO!!!! MY KIND OF RESPECT:cool: HAHA THAT IS TOO DOPE!!!

Atleast he's drinking and that's a good start to recovery. It's a good start to how you can bring him back! Good luck with the little guy!

Texas ranger-

I can't believe they let you re arrange their stuff! What kind of pet store is this!!! It's sad that pet and fish stores know so little about their fish. I couldn;t imagine selling a living being without telling people the best ways to care for it!

Atleast he's drinking and that's a good start to recovery. It's a good start to how you can bring him back! Good luck with the little guy!

Texas ranger-

I can't believe they let you re arrange their stuff! What kind of pet store is this!!! It's sad that pet and fish stores know so little about their fish. I couldn;t imagine selling a living being without telling people the best ways to care for it!

Its just a Mom & Pop type store. They are the only petstore for miles. We dont have a close petsmart or petco. They have been in business for 30+ years. And you know they have a small Koi pond and it DIDNT HAVE A AIR PUMP going to it. Well I fixed that problem too. I have a 2000 gallon koi pond in my back yard so. I know a thing or two about that as well. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom