Another rescue

Ace you crack me up. You want a lot of things. Skinks, Ambanja's, falys, uromastxy, beardies, petstores. LOL Im with you too. I want it ALL & MORE.

lol i say i want things but all in good time:D haha, im not a crazy person

its just i sorta went backwards in reptiles, i went for a chameleon before any other reptile that was supposey easier to start with

like beardies and uromastyx and geckos

i pan to be an exotics vet:) and reptile hobbyist breeder:D

lol i say i want things but all in good time:D haha, im not a crazy person

its just i sorta went backwards in reptiles, i went for a chameleon before any other reptile that was supposey easier to start with

like beardies and uromastyx and geckos

i pan to be an exotics vet:) and reptile hobbyist breeder:D

Well Im a CRAZY person. I did the same thing you did. I got a chameleon first. Never owned a reptile before in my life. Now I have 7 Chameleons and all the others that make up my crazy zoo.
We need more exotic vets. Im a dog groomer, reptile breeder, koi breeder, mother, wife, etc... (Oh and part time petstore corrector);)

Well Im a CRAZY person. I did the same thing you did. I got a chameleon first. Never owned a reptile before in my life. Now I have 7 Chameleons and all the others that make up my crazy zoo.
We need more exotic vets. Im a dog groomer, reptile breeder, koi breeder, mother, wife, etc... (Oh and part time petstore corrector);)

thats awsome:eek:, the experience you have is amazing, and hope i get a full house of my own one day:p haha

Thanks. I try. And no I dont breath.:plol. Im surprised Im still alive somedays.;) But better to be busy and help others than sit in front of the TV all day and waste my life away.

bingo
thats why im going to college for my paremedics degree and then off to the fire academy for me to become a profecional fire fighter =]

A guy bought an Ambanja panther last year. He brought it in where I work to sell it because he was moving and did not want to take it with him. Well, I refused to give him anything as it is not sellable (if that is a word).
18 months old, 7 inches total length, backbone and hips showing, no color and sunken eyes. I really do not know how it is still alive. He said he sprayed it and gave 5 crickets every 2 days! Anyway, I brought him home and he drank and drank for over an hour. I stopped the water, as I was afraid he was going to choke, and will continue tomorrow. I will offer food once he is hydrated.
What is wrong with people? They do not listen to the advice given (at my store anyway, one of the few good ones) and let the animal suffer.
I don't know if this boy will be ok or not. The guy did seem to care too much.
Just wanted to vent.
:( So sad. Poor thing. If you can get him to drink out of a dropper diluted pedialyte could help with that. Since he is clearly pretty desperate to drink he might go for it without much struggle.

The little guy is eating regularly, 8 crickets today (probably the most he's had at one time in his life). He pooped, but some was orange. He does not seem to want water anymore, but it is available. He is now in a 4 ft cage, just need to get him some plants. He only has a little scheffera right now.
So this makes 3 rescue chameleons along with my regular gang. The Meller's is doing great, tail is healing. The other Ambanja is doing well also, but his tongue only comes out 1 inch. He is walking better too.

You are so good to take in the rescues. Just be really careful. I found I was getting so many rescues and having to see several of them die that I almost gave up the hobby. Seeing a chameleon die still hits me like a rock even if I have just rescued it. I just took in a bunch of rescues a month ago after promising myself I was done with that. It is so hard to walk away from them.:(

The little guy is eating regularly, 8 crickets today (probably the most he's had at one time in his life). He pooped, but some was orange. He does not seem to want water anymore, but it is available. He is now in a 4 ft cage, just need to get him some plants. He only has a little scheffera right now.
So this makes 3 rescue chameleons along with my regular gang. The Meller's is doing great, tail is healing. The other Ambanja is doing well also, but his tongue only comes out 1 inch. He is walking better too.

Last edited:
I have a special spot in my heart for all of my rescues, I just love em all lol. Its so rewarding but I can see what laurie means though its devastating when you loose them.

Good job helping them! Hope he turns around for you.

Jmart- and all the other kind people who take in rescues- a sincere thank you for doing so. It's always heavy on the heart to hear of neglect and mistreatment of chameleons (or any animal). I donate to the ASPCA...my little way of helping out.

I have a local pet shop where I buy my cricket from that has allowed me to teach and assist with there reptile keeping. I like supporting small local shops that do the right thing.The corprate pet shops dont get my money!!

I have a local pet shop where I buy my cricket from that has allowed me to teach and assist with there reptile keeping. I like supporting small local shops that do the right thing.The corprate pet shops dont get my money!!

So much of it is how you approach the store. Over time I've found ways to sort of sneak up on them by becoming a customer, feeling out what their interests and motivations are, and slipping in the suggestions whenever I can. I've had some really great relationships with small mom/pop stores, ending up becoming their go-to person for high humidity herps that customers are interested in. I've trained staff, taken in sick or abandoned chams, re-designed setups, ordered animals, given demonstrations for customers, offered phone advice after the sales, worked with their vets, all sorts of things. If the store owners are open minded and willing it can be great. They may start off pretty clueless, but they also don't have that whole corporate culture c&*%p to answer to.

Kudos to the Op for rescuing the poor guy. Some people shouldnt have pets or children. What a tool, I hope you got a chance to tell the guy he was slowly killing a beautiful animal. He should have to live on bread and water for a yr and a half, thats basically what he was doing to his ambanja. That was my vent for today. lol

I have a good relationship with my LPS also. They allow me to tag along on their crick orders so I save on shipping. I have given them a brief cham tutorial and taught the staff. So now when people come in the store asking about chams they just give people my number and tell them Im the local go to guy. I also got them to start a dubia colony for their reptiles. They had been messing with Discoids. So like Tx Ranger when I go in I get preferential treatment. Although I dont get to rearrange tanks. lol

Back
Top Bottom