Another Hunger Strike?

Earlier this year I posted about my chameleon. He went on a 3.5 month hunger strike. We were constantly at the vet, getting bloodwork done, x-rays, ultrasounds, and the vet could never find anything wrong. He started randomly eating on his own again and we haven't had a problem since last month. He ate great on last Wednesday, but hasn't eaten since. I know it's only been 3 days, but I'm going into panic mode. How long should I wait until I panic and take him back to the vet? He has been really picky since eating on his own again and would only eat superworms. I'm worried he's tired of them, but wont even look at anything else I offer. Until Wednesday we was eating everything from 1 to 5 worms per day.

--------

Your Chameleon - Male Veiled chameleon, had since August of last year. A year old.

Feeding - Crickets, Super Worms, roachs, Wax Worms, horn worms when available. I gutload all my bugs collards, carrots, cactus, dandelion, sweet potato.

Supplements - Repashy Calcium Plus (daily), Repashy Calcium plus LoD (once at begining of month and once at end of month), bee pollen

Watering - I am monitoring him closely, and want to keep track of how much he’s drinking. So I’m syringing him water several times a day (dropping water onto his mouth and letting him drink). He has a mister that goes off first thing in the morning, about 10 minutes before lights come on.

Fecal Description - He's been tested for parasites and it came back negative.

History - Purchased from PetSmart.

Cage Type - Reptibreeze screen cage, size x-large.

Lighting - 75w basking bulb , Reptisun T5 10.0 HO UVB Bulb, linear tube

Temperature - The cage stays about 70-85 depending on area. It's around 95 under his basking spot. I have 3 thermometers/hydrometer throughout his cage. I also use a heatgun for the basking spot.

Humidity - Around 30 during the day. I run his Reptifogger on low during the night on high.

Location - North Carolina
whats bee pollen used for ??

It is theorized that because chameleons eat some flying insects that pollen may be a key part of their diet. It can be feed as gut load or dusted on feeders.

I buy the granules and grind them up as needed. I haven't shopped around much as on jar is a lifetime supply. I just grabbed something off Amazon.
Me too, I just buy big jar of granules off amazon and then grind to powder using a coffee grinder. Works great.

Earlier this year I posted about my chameleon. He went on a 3.5 month hunger strike. We were constantly at the vet, getting bloodwork done, x-rays, ultrasounds, and the vet could never find anything wrong. He started randomly eating on his own again and we haven't had a problem since last month. He ate great on last Wednesday, but hasn't eaten since. I know it's only been 3 days, but I'm going into panic mode. How long should I wait until I panic and take him back to the vet? He has been really picky since eating on his own again and would only eat superworms. I'm worried he's tired of them, but wont even look at anything else I offer. Until Wednesday we was eating everything from 1 to 5 worms per day.

--------

Your Chameleon - Male Veiled chameleon, had since August of last year. A year old.

Feeding - Crickets, Super Worms, roachs, Wax Worms, horn worms when available. I gutload all my bugs collards, carrots, cactus, dandelion, sweet potato.

Supplements - Repashy Calcium Plus (daily), Repashy Calcium plus LoD (once at begining of month and once at end of month), bee pollen

Watering - I am monitoring him closely, and want to keep track of how much he’s drinking. So I’m syringing him water several times a day (dropping water onto his mouth and letting him drink). He has a mister that goes off first thing in the morning, about 10 minutes before lights come on.

Fecal Description - He's been tested for parasites and it came back negative.

History - Purchased from PetSmart.

Cage Type - Reptibreeze screen cage, size x-large.

Lighting - 75w basking bulb , Reptisun T5 10.0 HO UVB Bulb, linear tube

Temperature - The cage stays about 70-85 depending on area. It's around 95 under his basking spot. I have 3 thermometers/hydrometer throughout his cage. I also use a heatgun for the basking spot.

Humidity - Around 30 during the day. I run his Reptifogger on low during the night on high.

Location - North Carolina
Figured I'd hop over an offer some advice... just not medical advice!!

I see you live in NC... tonight after sunset (like after there's no color in the sky) go to the country or somewhere you know isn't treated with pesticides... find a GREEN shopping bug. You guys have the carolina locusts as well as katydids and much, much more. Anywhere with tall grass (and a water source is helpful sometimes). Shine a light around and look for something to "pop" starting about 1/3 way up to the top. The bright green hoppers are solid gold.

Best wishes!!

Attachments

• 20190826_181855_045.jpg
    20190826_181855_045.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 20190821_072543.jpg
    20190821_072543.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom