Anole Curiosity......

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
Since our Chams can eat other lizards, would you be able to put a backyard anole lizard in their enclosure and see what happens? I’m not planning to do it just wondering.

People have done this, many florida/texas keepers that have outdoor enclosures see their chams eat them from time to time with no problems. A friend said he would feed the babies that hatched all over the yard to his chams every spring or so. I've also heard of people running a quick parasite treatment before feeding them too.

Chances are, nothing will happen. But then again, no need to risk it. As for wild caught insects, I let my cham eat whatever he wants, but we don't have anything other than lightning bugs around here that I'm worried about.

And this thread title is hilarious...

What if he bought a anole from a pet store and the Anole is clean of parasites and healthy would the chameleon be good for the go

I wouldn't assume its clear of parasites because it came from the pet store - the pet store is probably ground zero for parasite transmission. Chameleons have been observed to eat other small lizards and birds in the wild so its certainly edible.

I wouldn't assume its clear of parasites because it came from the pet store - the pet store is probably ground zero for parasite transmission. Chameleons have been observed to eat other small lizards and birds in the wild so its certainly edible.
Sound about right but ama try to feed my Cham somthing difrent lol am sure he’ll find it interesting and I got pet insurance lol

I purchase anoles/geckos from mealworms.com to use as feeders occasionally. My chameleon doesn’t eat them right away. They’ll last months sometimes, but eventually they disappear. I assume he got hungry enough. I know I run the risk of parasites, but they are a “feeder” company, and my chameleon is very robust and healthy. I think it’s worth the risk for myself, but wild feeders are a different risk.

I purchase anoles/geckos from mealworms.com to use as feeders occasionally. My chameleon doesn’t eat them right away. They’ll last months sometimes, but eventually they disappear. I assume he got hungry enough. I know I run the risk of parasites, but they are a “feeder” company, and my chameleon is very robust and healthy. I think it’s worth the risk for myself, but wild feeders are a different risk.

I've wondered about them. They say they're B grade, so I was hesitant to try them out. How many times have you done this?

Off topic but here in PA I have salamanders that live with my chameleon outside lol. Everyday they're there.

I've wondered about them. They say they're B grade, so I was hesitant to try them out. How many times have you done this?

Off topic but here in PA I have salamanders that live with my chameleon outside lol. Everyday they're there.

Because no-name picked a good spot! Every now and then the skies open and the bug god rains roaches and moths from the sky!

I would never!! I love my little wildlings!
Her name is Roach :LOL:
AC18723A-C72B-48DB-91B6-9FBC828A7323.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom