Ankaramy

they are amazing!!! charlie has them on kingsnake right now but are a bit pricy, considering getting myself a pair haha

He's been driving the prices higher because "there are none around" lol he knows people will still buy them at that price since there aren't many importers as him.

The problem with these is they are hard to sell.
They look good when fired up but not that impressive when not.
Try selling 30 some "brown" juveniles at a show. Then try selling the females!
Most people don't know what they are.

The problem with these is they are hard to sell.
They look good when fired up but not that impressive when not.
Try selling 30 some "brown" juveniles at a show. Then try selling the females!
Most people don't know what they are.

I agree with experience, they are very hard to sell but they are very rare. I for one think they are a very unique local and a challenge to breed.

I actually just bought an Ankaramy today! Ha in Utah of all places. He is not drab whatsoever and is a beautiful pink-reddish pink at rest. A local pet shop got him recently from someone who didnt have time for him anymore but their asking price was high. I posted a classified for him and though I had several people interested in him it didnt work out. Well today I stopped by and they had reduced the asking price and I didnt want him going to anyone who didnt know what they were doing so I bought him.

I am selling him for $320 down from $400, check out my classified. He is much more colorful than the pictures on the ad show so I will take new ones tomorrow. Sorry, didnt mean to turn your thread into an ad but I know how hard these animals are to come by and I really want to see him go to someone who can actually breed him.

I'm pretty sure that is one that I hatched from a wc gravid female back in 08' he got chomped by a bigger brother when he was just a lil guy and his rostral was bent up from that bite...:)

Awesome

Love mine, only had him two weeks but he is doing great. I stumbled on to him just looking around the Pittsburgh area, he was just sitting there in the pet shop. A little pricey @ $350 but had to have him as soon as i saw him.

I have 2 males. They are both very nice and mellow. One is about 1.5 years, and the other is 2-3 months younger. The younger one was supposed to be a female, but the breeder made a mistake. I have had both since they were several weeks old. They were very tiny, and they grew slower than my other panthers of different locales. Here're a couple of pics of the older one Tim-

IMG_0110.jpg

Sleeping pic-
IMG_0101.jpg

Back
Top Bottom