2 ambanja( female pregnant)
3 amilobe
4 veileds
7 snakes
5 other lizards
A samoyed dog
And a 55 gallon fish tank
And im only 13!!!!

I feel that hoarding is when you have more pets then you can care for.

If you have 5 and they live in squalor and feces and pet foot all the floor and they are not properly cared for that is wrong.... but if you have 50 and you keep every one of them healthy mentally and physically then there is nothing wrong. I am home all day.. I know my physical and financial limits of what I can care for. When you don't know those limits and just keep getting more... to me that his hoarding. Thats just my opinion;)

We are all normal, but passoniate people.!!:D

My current pets:

*2 Chameleons (1 Veiled and 1 Panther)
*1 Umbrella Cockatoo
*2 Harlequin Shrimps (5g nano tank)
*1 Candy Cane Pistol Shrimp and 1 Yasha Goby (10g nano tank)
*30+ CRS "Crystal Red Shrimp" (2.5g tank and a 5 g tank)
*50+ Black Bar Endlers (20g adult tank and a 2.5g fry tank)
*50+ Tiger Endlers (20g adult tank and a 2.5g fry tank)
*20 or so Red Platty Xiphophorus maculatus (2 adults and about 20+ fry kept in my Blackbar Endler tanks)
*Small colony of B.Duia roaches
*4 dogs (2 Yorkies, 1 Westie and a Mini Schnauser)
*2 Female human babies (one is 2 years old , the other is going on 4. They are both currently on a hunger strike and showing aggressing towards each other, might consider housing them seperatly):rolleyes:

Ok, here's my list:

56 chams (k.oxyrhina, j.merumontanus, j. jacksonii, j. xanth, f. pardalis), 4 of which are currently gravid (merumontanus/jacksonii/pardalis), plus over 100 eggs incubating
6 leopard geckos plus 6 eggs incubating
3 satanic leaf tail geckos and 1 egg incubating
2 mossy leaf tail geckos and 3 eggs incubating
2 western hognoses
2 caucasian mountain dogs

and plans for more in the future...

1.0 Ambilobe
1.0 Ambanja (soon to be many ;))
1.0 RES (albino with blue eyes)
1.0.Concentric DBT's blue/white one male one possible female
1.0 Reeves turtle
1.0 Miss. map turtle
0.0.1 Stinkpot Musk Turtle
1.0 Razorback Musk Turtle
1.0 Pink-bellied Sideneck (emydura subglobosa)
0.0.1 Florida Red-bellied Turtle
1.0 West African Mud Turtle (pelusios castaneus)
1.0 14-year old puppy :cool:
0.3 African Clawed Frog
2000x Dubia roaches
2000x Crickets
100x Ghost Shrimp
100x Assorted decoration fish (danios, neons, etc.)

What's funny is I don't feel so bad about my "hoarding" after seeing some of these posts :D:D:D:D

Lol @ adding crickets to your list Newguy :)

1 nosy be
1 ball python
2 sulcata tortoises

5 bunnies
1 guinea pig
4 cats
3 dogs
5 cockatiels
1 amazon parrot
6 huge fat ass oranda goldfish
3 fat ranchu goldfish
1 half paint half quarter horse
1 mini horse

As soon as I adopt bunny #5 my mother decided to tell me that I am a hoarder. And all my friends think they will see me in 10 years on that show with 50+ rabbits! WHATEVER!!!

Someday I am sure I will make this list...
Right now I have in my small apartment...
2 Veiled Chams
3 Red eared sliders
1 Musk turtle
1 Fish variety fish tank
Before college...
4 Beardies
3 Red eared sliders
2 Dogs
2 Cats
1 Horse
1 Fish tank

Just means that, so long as we take care of ourselves and our animals responsibly, we just are animal lovers with a hobby :)

Hoarding animals is only if you can't care for your pet. I must say you do have more then the average joe.

I actually wrote a 6 page research essay for one of my college classes on animal hoarders. The definition of a hoarder is one who collects more and more animals but is unable to provide proper sanitation and general care. The typical hoarder is unable to provide sanitary conditions for both themselves and their pets. There are a variety of hoarder types. All in all, just because you have many animals doesn't mean your a hoarder just that you've a vast collection of animals =)

60 chameleons? Are you counting all the babies?

4 Chameleons- Jackson's and Veiled
3 Dogs- Jack Russell, Rat Terrier, Australian Shepard
2 Bearded Dragons
1 Spotted Turtle
1 Saltwater Fish tank

...possibly another leopard gecko in the future because little one's died

2 Panther Chameleons
4 Sulcata Tortoises
5 Russian Tortoises
1 Electric Eel
1 Electric Catfish
5 Other fish
1 Python
6 Poison Dart Frogs

I'm dying to buy a sulfur water monitor. They grow pretty big and I have always had a passion for big reptiles. The problem is that I have nowhere near 950-2000$ for the reptile plus the good care! Better start saving! This is one of my friend's sulfur water monitor that I want- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaYS70NTiX8

Hopefully i will have the extra money by summer :)

my little collection

I'm dying to buy a sulfur water monitor. They grow pretty big and I have always had a passion for big reptiles. The problem is that I have nowhere near 950-2000$ for the reptile plus the good care! Better start saving! This is one of my friend's sulfur water monitor that I want- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaYS70NTiX8

Hopefully i will have the extra money by summer :)

SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE SURE FRANK DOES STAY OVER THERE!!! lol that lizard could gobble up that wiener dog no problem!

My grandmas collection is .1 blind, deaf, mute, dog. It is my grandmas and she can't let her go yet. She is happy and for the most part healthy and she is 16 years old, she is a shelty.

Now on to my little collection

1.3 Panthers with 50 eggs
1.4 Bearded Dragons

wow I am no where near as stocked as most people on this thread! lol

Back
Top Bottom