Angus is loving life and his habitat!

CC's Baby

Avid Member
Some new pics of Angus, he has become such an explorer in his habitat. The plants are growing in perfectly and he has so many little hiding places, he is finding them all. He is very active so I have some pics of him as he likes to play "hide and seek" from me at times. Also included is a new little small 16x16x20 cage for him for emergencies or place to hang whenever I want to deep clean his big habitat. So I have some pics of him out, "just hanging and chillin" and introducing him to this new cage as well so he doesn't freak on it in the future when I put him inside. He is sooooo tame and easy to handle. He just sits still no matter what and takes it all in. I really think this has alot to do with @Matt Vanilla Gorilla
who spends alot of time handling these babies from the get go. Thanks Matt. It is very obvious that his mannerisms and gentleness started with Matt. So here is a library of photos. Sorry, I enjoy the pics. I have only had him since Jan 23rd, almost 3 weeks and he is very happy and very healthy! Very proud of him and cannot wait to see him grow up. He has not had a shed since I have him him but expect one to happen soon.

Attachments

• AngusCutiePeekaboo.jpg
    AngusCutiePeekaboo.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Angus 2.jpg
    Angus 2.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 124
  • Angus3.jpg
    Angus3.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Angus4.jpg
    Angus4.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Angus5.jpg
    Angus5.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Angus6.jpg
    Angus6.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Angus7.jpg
    Angus7.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Angus8.jpg
    Angus8.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Angus10.jpg
    Angus10.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Angus11.jpg
    Angus11.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Here are some more!

Attachments

• Angus12.jpg
    Angus12.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Angus13.jpg
    Angus13.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Angus14.jpg
    Angus14.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Angus15.jpg
    Angus15.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Angus16.jpg
    Angus16.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 111
  • Angus17.jpg
    Angus17.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Angus19.jpg
    Angus19.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Angus20.jpg
    Angus20.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Angus23.jpg
    Angus23.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Angus24.jpg
    Angus24.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 108
So I wanted to add some BEFORE and AFTER shed photos. Angus is doing well but wanted you to look at his eye on the last photo of the one I caught this morning and tell me if it looks okay. He is literally just waking up too and I caught him in mid color change in the pic which I thought was really cool. There are a few flakes on the eye but does it appear to be sunken in a bit or am I imagining that? He has been drinking although he only likes to drink the water off the top of the vines and not the leaves that I have seen. Last night, I turned on the mister for an addition misting session manually to help him with the shedding and I was so impressed at how smart he was. He actually walked right into the middle of the shower mist as if to take a shower on purpose. He had not done that before. But, his colors are so much nicer but when I put him back in last night, he was the prettiest aqua color and I went to grab my phone and turned around and he changed to darker already which is the one pic below. So I missed it. I love the pics of him below on my hand. This was the night before he shed. He was so white looking but such a pretty aqua blue tone as well. He is such a cutie! I love this little dude. Anyway, let me know if you think his eye is showing signs of him NOT drinking enough.

Attachments

• Before Shed 1 021219.jpg
    Before Shed 1 021219.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Before Shed 2 Profile 021219.jpg
    Before Shed 2 Profile 021219.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 88
  • After Shed 021419.jpg
    After Shed 021419.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Morning Mid Wakeup 021519.jpg
    Morning Mid Wakeup 021519.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 89
I don't see anything wrong with the eye besides he is still trying to get bits of shed off. He is so handsome! I can't wait to see his big boy colors but then I kinda don't want him to grow up on you either lol.

I don't see anything wrong with the eye besides he is still trying to get bits of shed off. He is so handsome! I can't wait to see his big boy colors but then I kinda don't want him to grow up on you either lol.
I know right. He looks so cute in the before pics and he is soooo sweet. I am so proud of him. and I just want to give a shout out to @Matt Vanilla Gorilla that he raises the best panther chams! I am so amazed at how tame Angus is and how smart he is. I have been reviewing the podcasts on Taming Panther Chams and the 4 main hurdles. He is already there. Each day I get home. Open the door approach slowly. He watches me while I talk to him and tell him it was time for his big boy treats) He watches me add superworms to his feeder bowl. As of last night, he knew exactly what that meant, I raised my hand up palm out in front of him and held the small feeder bowl at the opposite end where he has to step onto my hand to come get them. Without hesitation, he walked out onto my hand, snatched the first one, I lifted him out, and sat down, and held the bowl for him, and he snatched the next two without watching me or worrying about me, so I know he is completely trusting of me now. Made me so happy! And then, I put him back in, and I give him one more to reward him for being my "little chill dude" and tell him goodnight. But, then, I decided to run that mister and told him, Angus, come take you a shower. It wasn't hitting him directly when I turned it on, but boy, he went right into the full force mainstream of it and stopped and just enjoyed it for a bit. I was amazed. He must be coming from some good genes! Shout out to "Tourmelin" and "Bella" on creating such a smart little guy for me. So proud and happy with purchasing this dude from @Matt Vanilla Gorilla . I am going to have a lot of fun. I so wished I caught that pic of him when I had him out and he was so happy chillin and turned the prettiest shade of Aqua. Loving the color changing. He is already good looking just like he is and I would be happy if he stayed just like he is "little and cute" but it is exciting to see how he will growup and yes, I do not want it to go to fast. I changed him to 1/2 crickets this morning as it seemed like he wasn't getting enough food. He eats so well, I could tell he needed a boost. Thanks to @Beman on the recommendation to try out Rainbowmealworms.com. I switched to them and got 200 medium crickets yesterday and I also ordered Dubia Roaches from them. WOW, they are so healthy. Also arrived 1 day sooner so I will stick with them from now on for health, pricing, shipping and service.

Pretty amazing how these little guys can make you feel such love so quickly huh. :) I have had lots of other animals growing up but never have I been so attached. I also have always hated bugs! But now its like whatever its a roach lol. I keep them clean and fed better then my daughter I think lol.

Pretty amazing how these little guys can make you feel such love so quickly huh. :) I have had lots of other animals growing up but never have I been so attached. I also have always hated bugs! But now its like whatever its a roach lol. I keep them clean and fed better then my daughter I think lol.
That is too funny!! Yes, it is amazing. I just think he is the cutest thing. I think they have great personalities and it just speaks to me, (my husband, not really getting it but he won't handle him either). I am a HUGE animal person and have the parrots and dogs (outside) and I love them all. I find myself, splitting time equally among the animals but I am loving my Angus for sure.

So Angus was really happy this weekend. Spent alot of time with him OUT on Saturday. He was showing his new colors this weekend pretty well. He was admiring and loves the "mural" I have been hand painting on a 12 foot wall in there. I keeps reaching up as he wants to climb in the forest of trees on it. I love it! There is another painting that is a forest and has alot of colors and he always want to go to that as well. His colors are coming so in nicely. He is going to see me at that wall for the next several months as I am not finished with it yet, so he will love it more when I add the animals. I am thinking I may have to now paint a chameleon on the wall in one of the trees.

Attachments

• 021719 showing colors.jpg
    021719 showing colors.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 95
  • Admiring the Mural.jpg
    Admiring the Mural.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 70
Angus says HELLO! (kind of--- I actually woke him taking this pic as he was sleeping) I was loving the new RED color that he is starting to show around his eyes and head regiion and spine. He seems to be getting more and more colorful. He is 7 1/2 months old and around 14" long now. He is my sweet little boy and I am enjoying him dearly. This is one of @Matt Vanilla Gorilla babies, and I love showing him off so that Matt and his wife can also see how their boys are changing and growing.
May2019sleeping.jpg

Back
Top Bottom