...and we are off !

Congratulations. So how many little green jewels are you expecting? Tell that little one to get on out and inspire his clutch mates to get with it.:D

In answer to all you very kind people, yes the experience is awesome...nay...incredible. When I first checked this morning this one was dented and even though not pipped yet, the shell was stretched so thin I could see the baby completly clearly through it, all crunched up tight....all excited I went for my camera as it was amazing to see but by the time I came back it had pipped. Having poked it's head out it clearly decided it didn't like the view and retracted, did a full 180 and burst out of the other end...:D
Despite all efforts this little one was on the march ! Twas up up and away....

Still awaiting the clutchmates so for now I'll bore you rigid with many pics of my first baby :D

Oh my goodness! What an amazing experience! Thank you for sharing all those pics - I feel like I just watched him hatch myself! I would love to breed Tommy and Amy, but I just know that I won't be able to find a good forever home for each and every chamlet on this stupid Island, so it is out of the question for me sadly. I don't have room for even one more chameleon, let alone 80+ of the little cuties! How many were in that clutch?

Hi Tiff
Thanks for the compliments :)
There are potentially another 33. I have excellent homes for some already so am feeling quite comfortable and confident for their futures.
At the moment getting them all hatched safe and well is the important bit, then the critical first few weeks then I am hopeful the rest will get good forever homes....

I spose your limitations regarding homes must be reduced on an island, I understand that, even though I'm on an island it's much bigger than yours so thankfully shouldn't have an issue.

I have to say watching that first baby hatch was a real tear jerker, just so amazingly, awesome, incredible, humbling and I feel so so priveledged

You are on 'The Mainland', lol! To us Islanders that's the rest of the world rather than a big Island! I think I would cry for each and every one that hatched! I'm such a softie!:eek:

You are on 'The Mainland', lol! To us Islanders that's the rest of the world rather than a big Island! I think I would cry for each and every one that hatched! I'm such a softie!:eek:

Fast Tiff, pack a weekend bag and head for the mainland. You need to see babies hatch, you would love it. Come on, at least try.

Fast Tiff, pack a weekend bag and head for the mainland. You need to see babies hatch, you would love it. Come on, at least try.

Laurie is right...nothing prepared me for this miracle, and even looking at others pics of new babies, including my own pics, they do not relay the tiny tiny perfection of these little mites. She is basking atm on a plastic vine that is tiny itself. At the highest point is only 3 inch of the ground and she is swamped by its size. If she moves to another bit I can't find her she is so small.

Truelly the mosty amazing thing I have seen...and yeah I'm sorry that's all I keep saying but....it's true :D

Tiff, pack that bag, grab a flight, you are more than welcome ......;)

OMG, what great pictures! I love the progression. About how long did that process take? Congratulations!!!

LOL I just replied on your thread.....:D
About an hour and a half...thought '' This should be a breeze '' then today number two is as stubborn as hell.....for hours and hours and hours yawnnnnn:)

Back
Top Bottom