...and we are off !

Breed Away!

Oh my goodness! What an amazing experience! Thank you for sharing all those pics - I feel like I just watched him hatch myself! I would love to breed Tommy and Amy, but I just know that I won't be able to find a good forever home for each and every chamlet on this stupid Island, so it is out of the question for me sadly. I don't have room for even one more chameleon, let alone 80+ of the little cuties! How many were in that clutch?

Breed away my friend, breed away! I'm just getting in to Chameleons so I will have a second at some stage! I've never been to the Isle of white so what better excuse to leave Manchester for a week.

Also the wider UK could do with some Isle of Wight blood lines. We'll find homes. Or I'll have them all! you get the pleasure of seeing them hatch I get the pleasure of filling my house with the tongue whippers!

OMG! Those pics are adorable! I am really gonna enjoy watching these babies grow up!

Breed away my friend, breed away! I'm just getting in to Chameleons so I will have a second at some stage! I've never been to the Isle of white so what better excuse to leave Manchester for a week.

Also the wider UK could do with some Isle of Wight blood lines. We'll find homes. Or I'll have them all! you get the pleasure of seeing them hatch I get the pleasure of filling my house with the tongue whippers!

They aren't strictly Isle'oWighters though - One came from Portsmouth and the other is a Marcus Langford chameleon. Bearing in mind that Amy laid 80 in her first infertile clutch - that's an awful lot of baby chameleons! I have posted a thread on here explaining why I am not going to breed Amy and Tommy. I would feel far too responsible for each and evey one of them, even once they had new homes. I just can't do it. If I lived inthe US then things would be different.

Damn, thought I was a shoe in for a having a house full of Chameleons! haha. My friend breeds them and I got my Keith from him. He has bred Chameleons for years and I think I will wait a years before attempting breeding them. I can't wait to see a load of baby keiths.

Bearing in mind that Amy laid 80 in her first infertile clutch - that's an awful lot of baby chameleons! I would feel far too responsible for each and evey one of them, even once they had new homes. I just can't do it

:eek: 80

< rocks in chair humming garbage >

Tiff I know exactly what you mean. One of the babies new mum and Dad came today and I went through a set of emotions I wasn't prepared for.
Even though it's still weeks and weeks away, and they were happy to just watch them in amazment, I kept re -inforcing what they absolutly must do and not do....that they must not sway from the care sheet ( fast becoming a book, even added page to note dates bulbs replacement is due etc etc ).....and that's despite them already owning a vieled and had all manner of reptiles over the years.
This sense of responsibility I felt was actually purgatory. The weight was crushing and my mind was running through so many what ifs it was painful. I fear, that even when handed over they will always be my babies and I need to know they are always ok
I do wonder now if my owner / home checking will be too restrictive to accept anyone is good enough ! :eek::D
20 hatched, 12 cooking still.......80...80........80........VODKA

You don't have anything on me. I still greet each tiny new baby with a waiting super soft paint brush, so I can clean them up. I don't ever want one to get crud off the other babies. I have had a fair number of clutches, but I still need to clean each baby to be happy.:eek:

You don't have anything on me. I still greet each tiny new baby with a waiting super soft paint brush, so I can clean them up. I don't ever want one to get crud off the other babies. I have had a fair number of clutches, but I still need to clean each baby to be happy.:eek:

:) Ah but are they hatched into a calm darkend room with whale music in the background huh huh ? :D

Back
Top Bottom