And the fun starts...

Ta2Smitty

Avid Member
This is the first of 4 enclosures I'm putting together. So far I'm pleased. @2'x'2x3' going to make them 4' down the road when they become adults. Don't have anything yet but looking to pick up a 1.1 of veileds and 1.1 of panthers ? on locale
1qlp9l.jpg

Looks awesome! Can you please share the details/parameters of the materials (diameter of the tubes etc...) :D ty

sure. the rack is made out of 1 1/4" PVC and the enclosures are 1/2" PVC
rack is a tad over 8' long and enclosures are around 24-25" wide and long and 3' tall with room to go up to 4'. This is going to be my indoors winter setup. up next is running electric. I'm running two 20 amp circuits to cover the lights and a room heater. I ran out of 1'2 PVC fittings so I'll be finishing the last two cages next week sometime. you can order the fittings from here
http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/
and I ordered the drip pans from here.
http://www.martinscages.com/products/supplies/pans.htm

Looks awesome! Can you please share the details/parameters of the materials (diameter of the tubes etc...) :D ty

more progress...

o74wlh.jpg

four total cages measuring 2'x2'x3' with room to make them 4' down the road
5x1k7m.jpg

two dedicated 20 amp circuits, one for the lights above the cages and one for the bug bins under the cages/room heater no more tripping mommas hair dryer:cool:
1zedul2.jpg

In wall timer no more power strip/timer combos:D
21115b7.jpg

more progress...

h0n.jpg

I took this pic to show off the latch I devised. I took a plastic cable staple,replaced the nails with screws and attached to the door frame. Then attached a Velcro style cable wrap to the frame, then threaded the cable wrap through the staple and WA-LA, instant latch!!!
dcr7z4.jpg

Since I was using plastic hardware cloth I decided to reinforce the floor with a steel shelf due to it stretching from weight of the plants.
35d7xbn.jpg

This is a shot of the first fully skinned cage. I went with the plastic hardware cloth for two reasons:
1- it cost 1/2 as much as the metal kind
2- these will be outside for close to 6 months at a time and figured the metal kind would eventually rust
Only down side to using this is the reduced visibility...:(
rhn1it.jpg

Started to worry about my rack sagging from the weight of everything on it so I added two more legs for added support.

All and all I'm really pleased with the way it's turning out...:D

Whew, I worry about the same thing....my rack sagging! :)
ok, maybe a little too much adult humor for this forum. But ya have to admit, you put it out there...I just stepped in it :)

Yeah!!! I am really pleased with the way it is turning out too! Lemme know if you want any DIY advice on watering strategies. I build my own systems.

planning on going with a mistking in the fall. I use a basic patio misting system for outside. thanks thou.
Yeah!!! I am really pleased with the way it is turning out too! Lemme know if you want any DIY advice on watering strategies. I build my own systems.

Thank you, thank you very much
Sometimes a girl just has to be a little bit bad, to be good
Hope I'm not offending anyone, just one of those nites!

might have you come out and build mine! ;)

got some eggs in the incubator if you're looking within the next couple months! ;)

i like it.
ima have to make me something like that for an outside use.
the one i made isnt small enough to be moved much. that and i have to take my door Frame out to get the cage out. my room just had to have the smallest door in the house. stupid 29'' door with the rest of the house at 36'' and 34''

Back
Top Bottom