And now for something completely different....

jajeanpierre

Chameleon Enthusiast
Itty bitty CBB T. crisitatus. He can't have weighed more than 3g when I took those two pictures which were taken seconds apart. He had never displayed like that before and hasn't since. The second picture gives you a bit of reference for his size and normal colors.

I love love love their little red stripes on their throats and deep rose-red mouths--it looks like they are wearing lipstick. I can hardly wait for his blue crown to come in darker and bluer.

20171219_163414.jpg

20171219_163247.jpg

I love his little stripes! Cristatus just make me curious, does every chameleon out of Cameroon have a sail :LOL:?!?!?!;)

Love it! How old is it? So tiny!

He was not even three months old in that picture. I was shocked that he turned those colors. The picture of him on the branch in front of my hand are his more normal colors. Well, stressy normally colors. Normal is more of a reddish sandy color without all the drama.

I still don't understand why people think that they are ugly.

Because they are! Their heads done sit on their bodies nice. They have hunch backs. The adults have stubby tails. Even their snouts are not pretty. They remind me of a wildebeest. Nothing really fits.

Because they are! Their heads done sit on their bodies nice. They have hunch backs. The adults have stubby tails. Even their snouts are not pretty. They remind me of a wildebeest. Nothing really fits.
*sigh* I guess I will continue liking them on my own...

Omg Janet I will have so many snail babies soon (my first two just buried down to lay likely waiting until this weekend to prod around for them) I was thinking of you and several other of our members who have our wonderful snail loving groups of montanes because I imagine I will be overburden by them soon, I need to move the adults. I haven't had any feedable sizes yet so haven't got to try them with Neptune, but I imagine he will be more angered by their presence than anything XD.

Omg Janet I will have so many snail babies soon (my first two just buried down to lay likely waiting until this weekend to prod around for them) I was thinking of you and several other of our members who have our wonderful snail loving groups of montanes because I imagine I will be overburden by them soon, I need to move the adults. I haven't had any feedable sizes yet so haven't got to try them with Neptune, but I imagine he will be more angered by their presence than anything XD.

I would LOVE your snails @Andee . Small ones are perfect.

I think Trioceros cristatus is a good looking species. That goes for the males and females. The green and the orange colors that show sexual dimorphism in an adult Trioceros species. That is neat!

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

@Motherlode Chameleon They were different colors at six weeks which was the first time I saw them. I haven't seen pictures of younger cristatus so haven't a clue what their colors are, but at six weeks the two sexes were very different. (These are the only babies I've seen so I don't know about the species, just these two individuals.) The female was a pretty deep blue green and her blue crown was more obvious than the little male's. The picture of the female was taken when she was about two months old I think. The male was always a sandy yellow with reddish tones to him, even at 6 weeks. None of the pictures above show his true colors. The picture below of him shedding shows his regular every day colors. That picture was taken a couple of weeks ago, so he was only 3 months old. The really interesting feature of the male is the purple lateral line. It shows up as white in the photos above but it is actually a lilac purple. I haven't checked lately to see if it is still purple. I don't know if the close up of his body shows the purple but it shows how really pretty his colors are and he is still an ittsy bittsy baby. The two pictures of the male, below, were taken the same day two weeks ago.

20171123_141130.jpg

20180103_151655.jpg

20180103_191612.jpg

Back
Top Bottom