an unusual poo

bradders

hi normal my chams poo is all white with a tiny bit of yellow. but today when i came home there was a poo on the floor that was all brown with a tiny white bit and it was rather large.
i feed him on a diet of crickets and wax worms and i allways put him a bit of veg or fruit in which he loves, i have just redone his viv with real plants and have changed it about a bit to make it nicer for him could this of caused it? or is it summat hes eaten? or is it summat werrs?
message me back bradders

the poo should actually look like that, big brown and little white. your either not feeding your chameleon enough for him to poo proporly, and creating a large amount of urea. make sure your crickets are proporly gut loaded aswell. dont feed too many wax worms as they have a lot of fat and can take a lot of water for the fat to digest. if you dont spray your viv or have a dripper system your chameleon could be dehidrated.

hi normal my chams poo is all white with a tiny bit of yellow. but today when i came home there was a poo on the floor that was all brown with a tiny white bit and it was rather large.
i feed him on a diet of crickets and wax worms and i allways put him a bit of veg or fruit in which he loves, i have just redone his viv with real plants and have changed it about a bit to make it nicer for him could this of caused it? or is it summat hes eaten? or is it summat werrs?
message me back bradders
I don't fully understand your question.

message me back bradders

summat? what does this mean

hay, all i wanted to know is if the brown poo was normal, because normally they are white, and summat means something lol, sorry i should word my queations better
cheers for the replys
bradders

Most Cham poo has two portions... A brown part (ussually larger of two parts) and white part (urate).

some times what happens is that as the poo falls the two will separate which may give the impression of having only one or the the other...

Does that help?

OPI:D

I'll try to describe it as plain as I can,. As previouls said a Reptile poo consists of two part.
1. the brown bit (treat this as the the dump from all the feeders he has eaten)
2. Then the white bit (the urates, which is the moisture/water he has taken in).
The urates should always be white, not yellow or brown, if not white then this might indicate a URI. By the sounds of it, if he is now passing white urates he is ok. Keep an eye in it, it's important to watch their poo's as it can give an early indication of any problems.

"The urates should always be white, not yellow or brown, if not white then this might indicate a URI"...how does it indicate that the chameleon might have a URI?

The brown part is the feces/bowel movement and the white part is the urine/urates as indicated before. If the chameleon ever repeatedly passes just urates (white part) and never passes the brown part, then it can indicate constipation or an impaction. Although there may be the odd time when one or the other is not passed, both should be passed most of the time.

Sounds like he's doing good. The photo you posted on your other thread showed his eyes closed, was that a night time shot, or was he camera shy?

I've had a little trouble reading your posts, too. But it's kind of fun trying to decipher them.

Last edited:
ha ha ha, yeah the pic was at night,
cheers for all the reply peeps,
some good info,
will help alot......
bradders

Back
Top Bottom