DK UPDATE

Flick boy

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi all so just over a week since I got dk ,how time flys , so he has only eaten 3 crickets in front of me , been eating when I'm not present, not sure exactly how much ( getting a camera hopefully this week ) I have 2 feeder cups an a DIY feeder run plus a couple of free range feeders , humidity is a bit high, but he's been active showing light colour and good colouration , found first fecal in a feeder cup which is near black with pure white urates, as beman said the downfalls of a bioactive viv , ( trying to find a tiny tiny poo in a heavily planted viv in a bioactive well good luck, so I have a question, obviously the size of the fecal matter doesn't have any implications to a test but as this was at the top and dried out does this matter asking for a friend lol 😀

So dk has been eating well urates look good, however just got test results positive for pinworms ,being provided with panacur for treatment, what is the best / safest way to administer @MissSkittles or anyone 😉

Does he gape at you at any time? If so, that’s when I’d be giving him the dose but you’ll have to be super quick and accurate - not easy. Some inject the med into a feeder, so you could try that. It’s not going to be easy with him being so tiny.

Yeah I know I've left him alone to settle in so haven't handled and haven't been in his face I think my main concern is trying to not choke him when using a syringe, but yeah I will give the injection feeder thing a think, do you think a bsfl or like wise would be a better alternative as opposed to other feeders , it makes sense to me ( but my sense usually comes with non preceding it ,) lol 😆 thank you

Since he is so small, a small horn worn or wax worm might be better. dont inject into the middle of the horn worm cause when they bend there it will squirt out.

Yeah the girl who did the fecal said it would need to be a fat needle for the solution to pass threw , so we will see , I'll get it sorted, 0.03ml recommended panacur,

Back
Top Bottom