Amy has started digging!

Miss Lily

Chameleon Enthusiast
I had my suspicions that Amy was gravid as she had put on 20g in about 4 weeks and I had hardly fed her anything and certainly not the amount of food she would need to gain that much weight so fast! Well, at teatime today she had been having a little dig in her laying tub! I think it's gonna be a stressful few days for me until she finishes the job! Come on Amy! You can do it!!:D

That's great! Amy is pretty much 21 months now and it'll be her first. I know their instinct kicks in but it doesn't stop you worrying, especially for their first time!:eek:

21 months and also a year! And I thought I should have been impressed with myself for no eggs after 10 months..
Mine seems to be plumping up too. Will you actually see the eggs along her body as she stretches out or walks around? Mine has not done any digging. I tried to see if I could feel eggs in her the other day but I think I will just let her be :D hope it goes well

Well, today is the day! She has been digging since just before 10am. This time she's digging for real! Just hope she gets on with it and lays them all successfully. She even ate a silkie for brekkie this morning too! It always amazes me that instinct takes over - she is in the 'zone' now and probably won't stop until she has laid and filled in the hole. This is the bit about keeping females I don't like, I am rather stressed out today and wish it was all over already!

Go Amy GO GO GO. I am rooting for you. Hang in Tiff, she is on her way. Let us know when she is finished.

Back
Top Bottom