Amos and Fiona's unofficial scale-baby thread

They love being out side . It’s to cold here at night to get to much planted for our babies . We will start over the weekend but we are pretty limited to what would survive .
I have several potted plants that I have on front and back patio's that he gets to free range with close supervision...if I am in and out he goes in his big bird cage. I don't put him on planted in the ground plants since he has all these other options. As I said before...spoiled brat.:ROFLMAO:

So, I'm thinking of trying to do a bio-active enclosure for Emma when we move. The reasoning behind this, is that our new home has brand new hard wood floors and I need to contain the over spray from misting, to protect our investment. So, I will be converting to an ExoTerra glass with a planted bottom. I'm doing research now, but where do you find springtails and other cleaner crews? And are there any that are more recommended than others?

The girls finally get to enjoy some sun

Attachments

• 80F1AB3C-876C-45D0-8973-3974A255E7C6.jpeg
    80F1AB3C-876C-45D0-8973-3974A255E7C6.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 207
  • CA5B4FFC-76B3-49BB-B795-3F7CF19A0F06.jpeg
    CA5B4FFC-76B3-49BB-B795-3F7CF19A0F06.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 237
  • 1013D2D8-7090-4AE2-A216-11DF110750CB.jpeg
    1013D2D8-7090-4AE2-A216-11DF110750CB.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 264
So, I'm thinking of trying to do a bio-active enclosure for Emma when we move. The reasoning behind this, is that our new home has brand new hard wood floors and I need to contain the over spray from misting, to protect our investment. So, I will be converting to an ExoTerra glass with a planted bottom. I'm doing research now, but where do you find springtails and other cleaner crews? And are there any that are more recommended than others?

I wouldn’t recommend glass for a veiled. It could cause an RI, she may also be afraid of her reflection in the glass and it would be allot of work to keep the temps correct and not to hot. I know allot of the experienced keepers use them for montane species but personally I would never put a veileds or Panthers in glass. You can buy the thick plastic at Home Depot and put that under and all around her cage. I have it under all of my condo and it protects my wood floors.

Howdy I started Frances off in an exp Terra glass . I had nothing but trouble . I know lots keep in glass in the uk , do not have trouble . Frances also has other challenges that Jann’s babies won’t have . I would still really use caution , I would not keep a veiled in glass . Just me !. I do not have a ton of experience like some experienced keepers that use glass successfully . We have all hard wood with all open air condos . We do not have any issues with wet floors . We use trays . It makes for a bit more work but I shop vac them daily to empty .

Back
Top Bottom