Ambanja?

fimbriatus

Hello,

I am new to the forums. I am a high school biology teacher and I just got this panther chameleon for my classroom off craigslist. The person I got it from forgot what locale it is. My guess is an Ambanja? What do you think?

Thank you,

Attachments

• IMG_7770.JPG
    IMG_7770.JPG
    357.8 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_7771.JPG
    IMG_7771.JPG
    283.9 KB · Views: 212
Not Ambanja. Ambanja have yellow on the corners of their moth and are more blue. I would guess Sambava or Tamative but I've had neither of those so I'm not sure.

Thank you for the replies! He is about 10 months. I originally thought ambilobe, but the aquas on his arms and legs, as well as the bars make me think Ambanja. Although, the rostral process doesn't look Ambanja to me.

Not Ambanja. Ambanja have yellow on the corners of their moth and are more blue. I would guess Sambava or Tamative but I've had neither of those so I'm not sure.
Not all Ambanjas have yellow around the corners of their mouths. I have two and neither one of them have yellow. They are both pure Ambanjas. I know both of the breeders I got them from well.

He could be an Ambanja, or have some Ambanja lines in him. It is very hard to tell, not knowing the breeder and the lineage. Could also be an Ambilobe or as the other member said, a cross.

Thank you for the replies! He is about 10 months. I originally thought ambilobe, but the aquas on his arms and legs, as well as the bars make me think Ambanja. Although, the rostral process doesn't look Ambanja to me.
The wild caught Ambanjas have the elongated rostral process. I have noticed that alot. The captive bred ones are shorter, but not always.

Not all Ambanjas have yellow around the corners of their mouths. I have two and neither one of them have yellow. They are both pure Ambanjas. I know both of the breeders I got them from well.
Interesting....learn something new every day.

Back
Top Bottom