ambanja or nosy be

snipeusa14

Established Member
i was sold this at the Daytona breeders expo as a nosy be but iv been looking at some pic's and it looks to me like an ambanja need help please

Attachments

• IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
i was sold this at the Daytona breeders expo as a nosy be but iv been looking at some pic's and it looks to me like an ambanja need help please

EDIT: hes about 5-6 months if i remeber correctly

It sort of looks like a combo to me. Its not as blue as should be for an ambanja, but its not as blue as it should be for a nosey be either.

Its deff a nosy be IMO, they can be blue, blue green, and then be blue green with red and yellow. look at these pics of a nosy be

NosyBe-1-2.jpg

217146.jpg

Nosy be wouldn't be out of the question except the way the red outlines the blue bars says Ambanja to me. Can you try to get better pics of him, maybe in the daylight so we can really see his colors?

will do 2morow hes sleeping right now just keep this thread on save or something more opinion's the better thanks!

here some more pics of my cham more opinion's would be apreciated

Attachments

• IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 339
he looks more like a nosy be for sure he has much more of a blue color than anything and some nosy be's have a lil red in them. It could possibly be a mix but he is manily a nosy be

I think if you look at photos of wild or wild caught Nosy Be's you will not see any red in their bars as this guy has. He's an Ambanja.

So many mixed opinions I would realy want more from experts(not saying you guys aren't) but you think I should contact the seller(he lives in the area) or should I not worry? I rly dont care about it being nosy be or Ambanja but what I do care is the price difference if there is any ambanaja and nosy be are very amazing locales love them both, thanks!

Sheesh Kent looks like we arnt good enough.

As for the other part I have a big problem somebody selling an Ambanja as a Nosy Be. This tells me that they may be selling any number of baby chameleons as something that they may not be. This is the problem with people not having LOTS of patients when breeding chameleons, ESPECIALLY when it comes to integrating WC animals into a group. If you don’t care about the locale then its all on you.

Last edited:
Nononoonno lol didn't mean it like that I apriciate your opinion but I rly want to make sure I know wat I have here haha

The more the better! :)

Back
Top Bottom