AMAZING video!! Please watch!!!!

I watched this video, here is an article you can read to further educate everyone on more specific points.

http://www.vice.com/read/should-i-donate-money-to-kony-2012-or-not

In the video I noticed a couple quick points:
15:14 in the video "Even though Uganda is relatively safe"
18:30 Shows that Barack Obama has aided in defending these children through advice and assistance (not fighting)
21:15 insinuated comparison between the Holocaust and this situation (in my PERSONAL opinion nothing and I mean nothing can be compared to the Holocaust)

I in no way am bashing this I just wish that people in this day and age would not be mesmerized by one video and just donate or back the cause without knowing all the facts. This is just my opinion and I know it doesn't mean much to anyone out there, but if they voice theirs shouldn't I be able to voice mine?

The only thing I ask for is for people to make a well rounded decision based on many different sources rather than just one.

LOL, I had just found that same link, and was going to post it here.

Just so you know, I do value your opinion.

I agree, anyone with enough time(and nowadays little money) could put together a very compelling video, for say, saving the martians that are stranded on the dark side of the moon, and I assure you that at least one person would donate money for the cause, and probably a lot more than that. So it is good to use caution, and gather ones own research before getting involved with anything. I can agree most people will not do any research past watching the video.

I did not mean any offense when I stated that your comment came off as "bashing" btw. Just wanted to point out that IMO, and apperently others, it did come off that way. I fully agree that you should voice your opinion. When we voice our opinions we grow as a whole, and become more than the individual.

IMO, caution should be used when voicing opinions though, as everyone is different, and may take offense to the way something is presented. If they do, the usefulness of your opinion will be lost, due to the sheer human emotion to protect what they hold dear. However, we are all going to piss someone off sometime;)

LOL, I had just found that same link, and was going to post it here.

Just so you know, I do value your opinion.

I agree, anyone with enough time(and nowadays little money) could put together a very compelling video, for say, saving the martians that are stranded on the dark side of the moon, and I assure you that at least one person would donate money for the cause, and probably a lot more than that. So it is good to use caution, and gather ones own research before getting involved with anything. I can agree most people will not do any research past watching the video.

I did not mean any offense when I stated that your comment came off as "bashing" btw. Just wanted to point out that IMO, and apperently others, it did come off that way. I fully agree that you should voice your opinion. When we voice our opinions we grow as a whole, and become more than the individual.

IMO, caution should be used when voicing opinions though, as everyone is different, and may take offense to the way something is presented. If they do, the usefulness of your opinion will be lost, due to the sheer human emotion to protect what they hold dear. However, we are all going to piss someone off sometime;)

Agreed, in every instance. I have a hard time getting people to understand what I am trying to convey when I am talking to them face to face, so I can only imagine how badly it may come off over the internet.

I in no way am bashing this I just wish that people in this day and age would not be mesmerized by one video and just donate or back the cause without knowing all the facts. This is just my opinion and I know it doesn't mean much to anyone out there, but if they voice theirs shouldn't I be able to voice mine?

The only thing I ask for is for people to make a well rounded decision based on many different sources rather than just one.

I have to agree. If people are truly interested in something then READ READ READ! With the internet the world is at our fingertips and if everyone truly embraced it, it will change the world as we know it!

I feel very but this video will do nothing about it

Kony has been doing this for years a single video wont do anything no matter how much the donations are they only way to stop a person like him is to arm the viliages that he attacks assualt rifles are very cheap in africa on can be bought for around or less than $100 USD. In 2006 the untied states sent in a squad of guatamalen special forces armed with us training and us weapons including m16s, grenade launchers, and heavy machine guns. They managed to kill 5 lra soldiers before they were all slaughtered. Right now president obama has 150 US troops Army Special Forces to train the Ugandan Army to fight against Kony. The Us troops are not allowed to fight only to shoot back if their lives are in danger.

Last edited:
Kony has been doing this for years a single video wont do anything no matter how much the donations are they only way to stop a person like him is to arm the viliages that he attacks assualt rifles are very cheap in africa on can be bought for around or less than $100 USD. In 2006 the untied states sent in a squad of guatamalen special forces armed with us training and us weapons including m16s, grenade launchers, and heavy machine guns. They managed to kill 5 lra soldiers before they were all slaughtered. Right now president obama has 150 US troops Army Special Forces to train the Ugandan Army to fight against Kony. The Us troops are not allowed to fight only to shoot back if their lives are in danger.

where are you getting your info from.. please link.

To the OP, i'm glad you posted this video. I had no idea about this issue and it's always good to be aware of World issue, especially something as drastic as this.

I am one, that if i can I WILL help!

great video! i had no idea this was going on! i can't believe I've been blind for so many years. i knew about blood diamond but not about this devil! thank you for sharing. im starting to see his face everywhere im glad we can make a difference.

thank you for posting this, ive been very aware with the situation in ugnada for years and im grateful for them posting it on youtube and raising awareness, but the invisible children charity is not good and please dont donate to THEM in particular, they stand for military intervention and thats the thing, it all goes to the ugandan army which many people have said take much of the money for themselves. Another problem is that 30% of the money goes to their own pockets. Konys army has not been active in uganda for 4 years and is believed to be only 250 people strong right now, find a charity that supports the gulu residents, that helps the orphans and the result, that sends them to school, and gets them food and education (althought 33% of invisible childrens money goes to students, it sends them to university, which they donot have enough proceeds to help everyone) there are charities that do this, just google them up and make sure they arent puting more than 20% into their pockets

thank you for posting this, ive been very aware with the situation in ugnada for years and im grateful for them posting it on youtube and raising awareness, but the invisible children charity is not good and please dont donate to THEM in particular, they stand for military intervention and thats the thing, it all goes to the ugandan army which many people have said take much of the money for themselves. Another problem is that 30% of the money goes to their own pockets. Konys army has not been active in uganda for 4 years and is believed to be only 250 people strong right now, find a charity that supports the gulu residents, that helps the orphans and the result, that sends them to school, and gets them food and education (althought 33% of invisible childrens money goes to students, it sends them to university, which they donot have enough proceeds to help everyone) there are charities that do this, just google them up and make sure they arent puting more than 20% into their pockets

Would you happen to know one that does give more money out there other than the one in the vid?

Back
Top Bottom