Am i doing it right?

Ive been researching and curious on how and why different prolapses happen since mine recently just had one. Ive read up from parasites to lack of calcium. Which i think thats probably why my cham had one was from not having proper calcium and multivitamin or even good food source. In that case has me worried on if im even doing it right. So thats why i need advice. Id rather have it come from forums in which you all know what your doing and whats the right doses and great source of nutrients good for my cham instead of reading up on google which isnt really any good help.

How’s your chameleon doing? Was the vet able to get the prolapse back in? Prolapse can happen for no reason at all my vets tell me. I have read on hear they can be caused from being dehydrated and having dry stool that’s hard for them to push out. I’ve also read being over weight and overfeeding can cause prolapse. I’ve also heard the parasite thing but never the supplement one.

How’s your chameleon doing? Was the vet able to get the prolapse back in? Prolapse can happen for no reason at all my vets tell me. I have read on hear they can be caused from being dehydrated and having dry stool that’s hard for them to push out. I’ve also read being over weight and overfeeding can cause prolapse. I’ve also heard the parasite thing but never the supplement one.
Hes doing much better. It was a hemipenis prolapse and they had to decapate it and stich it up. But that research i found on it is what i read up on google. Im Just needing and wanting to know the proper way of using calcium and multivitamin weekly since i dont dust for him much. If that may of even been the problem why he prolapsed. Then a good food instead of superworms because thats all he will eat. And knowing thats probably not the only things he should be eating.

• Your Chameleon - Age- 1 in a half year Sex- Male Species- Veild Chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Since he was a month old.
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Not to much. Maybe twice a week.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? Superworms. What amount? About 2-3 daily. What is the schedule? Afternoon. How are you gut-loading your feeders? Im not.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I have repti calcium-without d3,with d3 and Rep-cal herptivite with beta carotene multivitamin. And i dont have a schedule.I might dust a couple superworms once a month using without d3.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? Exo-terrra water mister. With few drops of reptisafe water conditioner. How often and how long to you mist? Everyday. Do you see your chameleon drinking? Yes.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Using gewey Brownish but since he has had a recent prolapse he hasnt had any bowel movements that i know of yet. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?No.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo) 100 gallon mesh zip up reptarium.What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? Ubv-Long portable luminare light fixture- Bulb 16 watt-t8 tropical. Heat light- zoo-med dome light fixture with bulb of exoterra 75 watt daylight basking spot. And another fixture with a house bulb. What is your daily lighting schedule? Uvb from 12 hours. Heat light stays on during night time.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Top layer 80sh Lowest overnight temp? 70sh How do you measure these temps? Using a zoomed digital thermometer.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Not sure
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? No live plants
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Corner of the room. Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? No. At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Probably 4 feet from the floor.
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Mt.vernon illinois

Does he get any outside time?

Have you tried silkworms and hornworms?
Ive tried hornworms. he kinda likes them but they grow so fast he chokes when he eats them. And silkworms once. Got the biggest size but they were to small for him to eat. Hes picky.

Back
Top Bottom